Work Lights

/ Work Lights #11  
I plan on converting my work lights to HID. See attached link HID Work Lights

/ Work Lights
PineRidge said:
If you want plenty of light don't rule out a set of lamps originally meant for a snow plow. We picked up a set at eBay and mounted them for nighttime excursions.

They did NOT have the NH logo on them either.

That's a great idea being am trying to convert my sno-way plow to fit on a QA for the FEL

Thanks

Attachments

• 100_0009 (Small).JPG
    100_0009 (Small).JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 663
   / Work Lights #13  
I love the looks of those clear plows. :D

/ Work Lights #14  
Good idea blocking the wifes side of the garage with pushed up snow, otherwise you'd get a call to pull her out of the ditch.

/ Work Lights #15  
I put the rubber housing sealed beams for rearward flood lighting on my 4710. They work fine and are pretty much bullet proof. For my RTV I bought (bought is a loosely used term when you own the parts store) Peterson 3 x 5 35 watt halogen trapazoid lights for the front and the same light but in a flood pattern for the back. I used 2 on the front and 2 on the back. These are really close to the lights you would get from Kubota for about $120 for front and the same for the rear. I think we sell them for about $15 each. Bulbs are easily replaced.

The traps give you the triangle pattern and project the light farther out which is better for driving lights. The floods work great on the back for backup lights and general work lights.

The key when you install them is to use a relay. These lights pull a good bit of juice and will burn switches up pretty quick if you use them for extended periods of time. With the relay the switch carries a very small load with the relay carrying the heavy load.

/ Work Lights #16  
It is true that you get what you pay for. The $250.00 lights are the brightest lights available and are used in most construction equipment( cat dozers, power shovels, etc) They are very bright, but for average Joe; just buy the biggest watt lights for the money. I have 35 watt, rubber housed lights now, 2 forward and two rear mounted. I do some night work and they are not bright enough. I just was given a set of driving lights off of a jeep; I think they are 55 watts; I temporarly hooked one up to see if I noticed a difference; it was amazing how much more light was put out by a 55 watt halagen bulb.

/ Work Lights #17  
$250 seems about 10x to much. Here's what I did.

3 sets of $8.99 offroad Halogen 55 watt lights from Harbor Freight, mounted on a 2x2 tube (about 24") which is bolted on top of the ROPS. Four lights face forward and two lights face reverse.

At $8.99 a pair, I got an extra set just for replacements.

/ Work Lights
Partsman2 said:
The key when you install them is to use a relay. These lights pull a good bit of juice and will burn switches up pretty quick if you use them for extended periods of time. With the relay the switch carries a very small load with the relay carrying the heavy load.

The TC34DA is pre wired for lights does this mean it already has a relay?

/ Work Lights #20  
I have a new Kubota 3830 and I went to the NAPA store and purchased a single housing work light which has two 55watt bulbs in it. It is a die cast housing with a waterproof switch on the housing itself. There are several versions of this lamp, some without the switch and different light patterns. It is part number 80494 in the NAPA Lighting catalog. It is a very heavy duty light and was less than $50.00