Workmaster 50 hydraulic problem, Am i getting the ?????

/ Workmaster 50 hydraulic problem, Am i getting the ?????
I totally agree with you about QUALITY, and believe that is where my problem lies with this tractor. Seems like the hydraulic pumps/systems have problems. In my first experience with the 50 the first thing they did was to replace the pump and even then the shop manager said he knew that was the problem and had done it before to fix it. So that's at least 3 Workmaster's now with faulty hydraulic pumps/systems. I also read another post on here where a new owner took delivery of Workmaster 60 and he soon discovered it had engine oil in the hydraulic fluid (if i recall correctly) and his dealer promptly gave him another unit. Again Quality control may have prevented this issue also and the dealer would not have to deal with it. I am sure there is more brands with the same issue and i do not believe this situation will get fixed in the future as more and more people are not taking responsibility for their actions whether it be at work or somewhere else. Speed and production is the name of the game.

Kinda like cooking eggs, you can do it in the microwave, and it's quick! but take the time to get that butter just right in an old well seasoned cast iron skillet and you will be much happier with the end product! and there Ain't no microwave gonna give you that kind of QUALITY :licking:

/ Workmaster 50 hydraulic problem, Am i getting the ????? #82  
plus one on the cast iron frying pan, now that’s quality. It will also put a knot on your head, don’t ask.

/ Workmaster 50 hydraulic problem, Am i getting the ????? #83  
. I also read another post on here where a new owner took delivery of Workmaster 60 and he soon discovered it had engine oil in the hydraulic fluid (if i recall correctly) and his dealer promptly gave him another unit.

I think that was me you're referring to, it was into the transmission, not engine. Two hours on it and lost power steering. Long story short the hydraulic pump had a bad seal in the pump that divides the steering from the implement fluid, so each time I filled the power steering back up it dumped into the transmission. Dealer did stand behind it though and swapped me out for the one I have now that has been good to me. Hope you get it worked out man.

/ Workmaster 50 hydraulic problem, Am i getting the ????? #84  
Kinda like cooking eggs, you can do it in the microwave, and it's quick! but take the time to get that butter just right in an old well seasoned cast iron skillet and you will be much happier with the end product! and there Ain't no microwave gonna give you that kind of QUALITY :licking:

That' good analogy and true my wife still cooks with cast iron pans. Good luck with the repair and hope your dealer takes care of things, thank for the updates.

/ Workmaster 50 hydraulic problem, Am i getting the ?????
Good Evening again, It's update time......... I got my Workmaster 60 back from the shop today after they replaced the hydraulic pump the main hydraulic valve under the seat . Shop told me the Main Hydraulic valve malfunctioned causing a back-feed to the hydraulic pump which in turn caused the pump to burn up??? They do not know why or what exactly happen'd to cause this but stated that it was no fault of mine and warranty covered it fully.

On the other hand upon them dropping it off i was checking over it and noticed the hydraulic reservoir in the front of the tractor looked like a milkshake....a dirty milkshake...and it was not foam either :mad: I know what this is!!! so I immediately called the shop supervisor and told him that they had got water in the hydraulic oil somewhere while they had it apart! he stated that it was probably just air and to run it and if it did not go away by tomorrow he would send one of the service guys out to take a look at it......WELL THEY BETTER JUST COME ON OVER TOMORROW MORNING CAUSE IT AIN'T GETTING ANY BETTER.......ALSO..they didn't even paint the parts they put on and they are already rusting:confused: Again i know they are swamped with tractors and hay equipment right now but my tractor has 124.8 hrs on it as of this post and i do not want rusty parts on it especially new ones out of the box.....I'm gonna tell them to send a can of new holland paint with that guy tmar and fix that myself:D

***Here's another update for you guys and this is IMPORTANT!!!!.......I went by my dealer last week to check on my tractors status.....they now have 2 other tractors in there shop doing the same thing as my workmaster 50 was doing........this was straight from the service manager and to beat it all he said he had another one on the way in that may be the same way......All i could do was SMILE and and after he filled me in on my current tractors status I left because for him to tell me that meant that they no longer thought i was crazy or had done something to my first tractor that got all this started....:D

Also I have learned a lot from this experience so far.....and i have fostered a really good relationship with the service department.(Even though i think the service manager hates to see me at the shop or hear me on the other end of the Phone..lol) ...and even though they brought my tractor back today with water and rusted parts......I have decided that this may be the normal standard for some things and find myself asking....If i went to another brand would it be any better or possibly worse....because in my horsepower range they are all made in another country and they are all made with parts from everywhere around the world ......And quality control is a non existent rare animal on these production lines.....

SO TO ANSWER MY ORIGINAL FIRST QUESTION FINALLY.."WORKMASTER 50 HYDRAULIC PROBLEMS AM I GETTING THE ?????"

THE ANSWER SIMPLY.........YES!!! MY DEALER HAD NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM UNTIL MINE DONE IT......AND THEY DID NOT KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO DO SO I WAS THE GUINEA PIG AND.....I ALSO THINK NEW HOLLAND IS AWARE OF THESE PROBLEMS BUT MAY NOT BE DOING ANY MAJOR REMEDIAL EFFORTS TO CHANGE IT AND JUST COVERING IT UNDER THE WARRANTY PERIOD .....AND YOU BETTER HOPE IT HAPPENS BEFORE THE WARRANTY PERIOD EXPIRES $$$$$$$$

Last edited: