Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it)

/ Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #21  
I have been in a pond b/4 but Easter weekend a couple years ago I went to mow a perculation pond in exchange for getting my forklift fixed. The pond appeared dry, just overgown. I decided to avoid fighting the trees around the pond by driving straight down the middle and mowing each side that way. I dove off the bank and before I had realized it, the tractor had gone thru the false floor created by dying leaves and not only was up to the floorpan in water, but the boom mower on the rear had bottomed out like an anchor on the bottom of the bank. Ford 7710 started spinning front and rear wheels. I stepped on the clutch and just sat there looking at my wife who witnessed my grave error. I am doing the math in my head about just how much it iis going to cost me to get a wrecker out on a holiday weekend. With that figured, I put the 11,000 pound tractor in reverse and let out the clutch out, only to watch the wheels spin. I stepped on the diff lock and all six wheels started spinning. The rears went about one good revolution and then bit into something and out it came. I have been stuck worse but never in a predicament where there was nothing anywhere close that I could hook to as an anchor to put it out with.
David from jax

/ Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #22  
Asking her to marry me was the best decision I have ever made.
Aaron Z

Aaron : Glad too hear your both Happy !
Sounds like you've been "BLESSED" :thumbsup:

Boone

/ Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #24  
Rolled an 8N with fel over front first after caving a bank off. Thankfully the fel frame prevented me from coming off. Now I believe in ROPS.

/ Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #25  
Debris after the tornado in Joplin. Driving over just about anything you can imagine trying to help those on the periphery that still had something to try and salvage.

Last edited:
   / Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #26  
Does down the aisle count ? :(
And no I did not get away with it ! :mur:

:)

Boone

One of the few times where i wore a shirt and tie whilst driving a tractor was when was driving for a large custom outfit in my youth and a local farmer hired us with several new tractors and hay trailers to move the wedding party all sat on straw bales the 3 miles from the church to the after party with trailers all decked out like a carnival with the tractor drivers dressed and behaving like limo drivers.
Never forget it ..had a brand new MF 3120 fwa ..first day out with what would be the next 4000hrs of my life in that old hoss ....."3 years " :)

/ Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #27  
:thumbsup:

D7E
It had too be something special and cool when you remembered it !
Thanks for sharing experience !

Boone

/ Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #28  
I once went into a Pecan orchard to mow it durring the summer, and it was infested with rattle snakes. I think I killed like 8 or 10 that day. It was like a horror movie!

/ Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #29  
Worst in my mind was when we were silaging steep banks in south wales (UK) and crossing a river with every load . I'm sure it seemed a lot worse than it was but with new front wheel assist 120hp tractors water did make it into the cab at one point and with empty 10 ton gross trailers the water would take them sideways a little when empty !

That wouldn't have been across the river Loughor by any chance would it?

/ Worst place you've taken a tractor (and gotten away with it) #30