Price Check Worth repairing my Yanmar 155D?

/ Worth repairing my Yanmar 155D?
And when are you going to sell it? Fall/early winter is bad for selling poor condition tractors. Can you wait till spring?

yes, we could wait. Of course the mechanics interested in taking it off our hands if we dont want to go through with the repairs so he can repair it little to no cost and flip it.

I'd really like to keep it though.

/ Worth repairing my Yanmar 155D? #12  
Sur e that mechanic wants to 'take it off your hands' as he will free up that clutch using tricks quoted and flip it for a healthy profit.
Get it home FAST.

That is the kind of mechanic that will only guarantee his work if you install all the new parts that he can list. (weather U actually need them or not*)
Parts salesmen!
(Like no warranty if U don't use the factory oil)

*and if that part does not cure the problem he will charge U to remove it and re install your perfectly good used part.

/ Worth repairing my Yanmar 155D?
take it off my hands are my words, not his. He's only mentioned he would be interested in it if I didn't want to go through with the repairs. I wanted to hear what others thought it may be worth before I talk to him about it.

/ Worth repairing my Yanmar 155D? #14  
I've freed up a clutch by just running an implement (like a brush hog) with the clutch pedal released ("fully engaged") just let the engine torque pulses hammer it for a period of time. You need to put some work onto the driveline, though. No need to wreck the throwout bearing. Throttle up and down for a spell. Make those mice struggle !

/ Worth repairing my Yanmar 155D? #15  
I wanted to hear what others thought it may be worth before I talk to him about it.

Why don't you ask a Yanmar dealer what the tractor is worth? Surely they would know the market value of those tractors.

/ Worth repairing my Yanmar 155D? #16  
Why don't you ask a Yanmar dealer what the tractor is worth? Surely they would know the market value of those tractors.
Nope, or not likely. Yanmar had a major presence here like Kubota 30 years ago when that tractor was sold new, but they shut that down when they got the contract to build Deere's under 50 hp models. Yanmar re-entered the US market a few years ago and franchised dealers to sell current models, but these new dealers are unrelated to the models from the pre-Deere era. Parts are available but not dealer expertise. Fortunately these are so simple that anyone who grew up for example replacing ignition parts on an old car, can easily see how to repair anything on them.

/ Worth repairing my Yanmar 155D? #18  
If your comfortable with & confident in your mechanic, negotiate with him. Tell you got X amount of dollars to spend. Hit him low & and see what he says. But if you walk, pay him for services rendered thus far and get it off his propery ASAP, even if you have to rent or borrow a trailer.