WOT on diesel tractors

/ WOT on diesel tractors #121  
Really? ... You would close the case on starts of a cold engine/hyd system. :confused2:

What I'm saying is: if all tractor manufacturers intended for their machines to run at WOT all the time, why waste money, and increase buyer's costs by putting a throttle on them, or an ePTO, or any limiting device?
Therefore, by the same logic they obviously DON'T expect them to be run at WOT from when they are started until turned off. It's a NO brainer really, and unless someone proves otherwise by written evidence from a manufacturer, it's all hearsay and total BS.
Therefore case closed, do what works for your tractor, your uses, your judgement, etc.

/ WOT on diesel tractors #122  
The Throttle up switch on the joystick is one of the many features of Kubota HST+. Here is a quote from their website. I am thinking if Kubota wanted you to run at WOT with their HST transmission. they sure as heck would not have included this.

Kubota's new Throttle-Up Switch located on the loader lever gives you power need with just one push to get jobs done quicker and easier. Speed adjustments can be made according to your preference from the IntelliPanel. It allows you to easily set the engine speed needed for loader work without having to use a hand throttle even while operating the lever. As engine speeds can be raised only when required, the Throttle-Up Switch enhances fuel efficiency, and keeps the engine noise down when not in use.

/ WOT on diesel tractors #123  
"Fallacy 8: Throttle
Operating a tractor at part throttle is uneconomical and bad for the engine.

Fact: It has been conclusively shown that selecting a higher gear and reducing engine speed for partial power operations can save fuel. The key here is to avoid overloading at slow engine speeds. If the tractor is to produce full power, certainly the manufacturer's rated speed should be observed. However, at less than full-power loadings, it can be seen from Engine HP = NT/5252, where N is the rpm and T is the torque in foot pounds, that a higher gear and slower engine speed can be selected without causing damaging torques when the horsepower is reduced. Engine temperature can serve as a good indicator of the load on the engine."

Large Tractor Operation: Fallacies and Facts

learn something new every day

/ WOT on diesel tractors #124  
Good article.

/ WOT on diesel tractors #125  
This is the thread that never ends it just goes on and on my friends...

Or...

How to beat a dead horse...

Every situation has issues that change how to "best" use your tractor... which is for each operator to make that judgement call on a case by case basis.

Tractor on and be safe...

/ WOT on diesel tractors #126  
The Throttle up switch on the joystick is one of the many features of Kubota HST+. Here is a quote from their website. I am thinking if Kubota wanted you to run at WOT with their HST transmission. they sure as heck would not have included this.

"Fallacy 8: Throttle
Operating a tractor at part throttle is uneconomical and bad for the engine.

Fact: It has been conclusively shown that selecting a higher gear and reducing engine speed for partial power operations can save fuel. The key here is to avoid overloading at slow engine speeds. If the tractor is to produce full power, certainly the manufacturer's rated speed should be observed. However, at less than full-power loadings, it can be seen from Engine HP = NT/5252, where N is the rpm and T is the torque in foot pounds, that a higher gear and slower engine speed can be selected without causing damaging torques when the horsepower is reduced. Engine temperature can serve as a good indicator of the load on the engine."

Large Tractor Operation: Fallacies and Facts

learn something new every day

Good article.

Jeeze, and here you guys go and ruin a perfectly good thread by introducing FACTS!:confused3::confused2:

/ WOT on diesel tractors #127  
Therefore, by the same logic they obviously DON'T expect them to be run at WOT from when they are started until turned off. It's a NO brainer really, and unless someone proves otherwise by written evidence from a manufacturer, it's all hearsay and total BS.

I think I would have to call any manufacturer with such claims clue-free as well. Whoever it is would need to prove it by rewriting all the physics books and sending me back to school for re-education before I'd call it "proof"...

/ WOT on diesel tractors #128  
My 3720 has three ranges and pedals to control speed. If there was no utility in varying the RPM, why would it have a throttle? It'd be cheaper to just have RPM controlled by a switch and the ECM. Apparently, they believe with all the control the HST and gear choice provide the manufacturer still believes the owner should have a choice on RPM.