Loader Would bad seals on a loader causing weak lift and humming?

/ Would bad seals on a loader causing weak lift and humming? #1  

JeremyF1015

Tractor
Yanmar 1602D
Over the winter, I tore apart my Yanmar 1602D to fix manny of its problems. Ended up painting it, servicing everything, fixing boots, valves, etc. I ended up pulling the hydraulic rams off to reseal them as they all leaked. I was only able to get the snap rings off the lifting rams, not the tilting rams. It broke my $90 snap ring pliers I purchased. They sat in a bucket for about a month, I put it back together, the tilt rams leak worse and it has no tilting power. It whines like it痴 over loaded with very little weight in the bucket. Could it be air in the lines or bad seals causing it? The lifting rams work great so I don稚 think it痴 the pump. I知 thinking about bringing it in to a local hydraulic shop to get resealed but it痴 $150 a ram so I知 wanting to be confident that値l it help.

/ Would bad seals on a loader causing weak lift and humming? #2  
Are you sure that all of the hoses got hooked back up correctly? Maybe something got in the valve/cylinder/hoses when they were off and plugged up a port? You could bypass the cylinders by hooking the hoses together. If the problem is still there then that would rule out the cylinders. Are you saying the cylinders are leaking drips or pouring oil?

/ Would bad seals on a loader causing weak lift and humming? #3  
Maybe have the hydraulic shop only remove the snap rings then hand the cylinders back to you? That shouldn't cost much.

/ Would bad seals on a loader causing weak lift and humming? #4  
Are you sure that all of the hoses got hooked back up correctly? Maybe something got in the valve/cylinder/hoses when they were off and plugged up a port? You could bypass the cylinders by hooking the hoses together. If the problem is still there then that would rule out the cylinders. Are you saying the cylinders are leaking drips or pouring oil?

I agree. Something is hooked up wrong or plugged. That much whine sounds like your pump is deadheading. Deadheading can break the pump! Posting some pictures would help. I don't think this is a seal problem. It's bigger.

First thing to check is if oil is coming down the return line. The return line has very little pressure. You can splice in a section of clear vinyl tubing or just undo the connector and return into a 5 gallon bucket. You should be getting return flow anytime the tractor is running even if you are not working any control levers. If you are NOT getting return flow then shut it down immediately & lets figure it out.
rScotty

/ Would bad seals on a loader causing weak lift and humming? #5  
$150 a cylinder? Do they even cost that much more than that new...if you get the VN cylinders?