Would You Accept This As New

/ Would You Accept This As New #101  
Just went to the dealership,after hours,to see if the tractor is cleaned up.It appears they did clean it and touch up some paint.I don't know exactly what was done as I haven't been talking to the salesman.I really can't decide if I want it or not.If it was the first time I had ever seen it,I would buy it.But knowing what it has been through changes the way I look at it.I do know putting a little paint over rust is not a permanent,proper repair.As I previously stated,if I was only buying it to make money with it ,it would be fine.I realize I am being very fussy but that is how I am.This experience has certainly changed my perception of what a new tractor should be.Maybe I should be looking for something used,at least then I will be expecting rust and weathering.I did just call about a used John Deere 110 TLB which is similar to the L45.Something to think about.

Kcender . . some will tell you to "grow up and grow a pair". Others will tell you "its a tractor for crying out loud". Still others will say its a major investment and you want to be happy.

At this point . . . what I'd tell you is our opinions no longer matter. You are who you are and if you feel you have to change to satisfy others . . then you are certain to not find happiness. At this point . . don't run away . . don't retreat from whatever feelings you have. Choose your method and desire and act on it whatever it is.

/ Would You Accept This As New #102  
Again, if you don't want it or aren't sure, don't let quilt induce you into something you aren't willing to accept. I have been in your shoes in my earlier days.

/ Would You Accept This As New #103  
You have a warranty with a new tractor to take care of manufacturing defects. 'Enuf said. Make a decision and get on with your life.

/ Would You Accept This As New #104  
//.I realize I am being very fussy but that is how I am.This experience has certainly changed my perception of what a new tractor should be.Maybe I should be looking for something used,at least then I will be expecting rust and weathering.

//I did just call about a used John Deere 110 TLB which is similar to the L45.Something to think about.

These two statements seem contradictory? If you are so fussy if that used tractor so much as hiccups you're going to wish you'd bought the new one.

I use Boeshield T9 on a lot of winter equipment.

/ Would You Accept This As New
These two statements seem contradictory? If you are so fussy if that used tractor so much as hiccups you're going to wish you'd bought the new one.

I use Boeshield T9 on a lot of winter equipment.
Contradictory perhaps.What I am trying to say is I expect new if buying new.If I decided to buy used I would have different standards for the condition of the tractor.Anyway,I am tired of dealing with this and have made the dealership an offer to buy the tractor.He said he will have to talk to the owner but is 90 percent sure it will be accepted.I wish the whole process had gone smoother but it is what it is.As some have said,make a decision and get on with life.There are more important things to be concerned with.Some people can't afford to eat and I am worrying about cosmetic blemishes on a tractor.

/ Would You Accept This As New #106  
Contradictory perhaps.What I am trying to say is I expect new if buying new.If I decided to buy used I would have different standards for the condition of the tractor.Anyway,I am tired of dealing with this and have made the dealership an offer to buy the tractor.He said he will have to talk to the owner but is 90 percent sure it will be accepted.I wish the whole process had gone smoother but it is what it is.As some have said,make a decision and get on with life.There are more important things to be concerned with.Some people can't afford to eat and I am worrying about cosmetic blemishes on a tractor.

Had you not discussed this problem, who knows how things would have turned out. There is nothing wrong with questioning everything, if need be. Only you know how you feel about what has happened and I am sure discussing the tractor problems has helped some.
Generally speaking, most of us give advice too liberally and really don't appreciate the full impact of said advice.
Hope you get the things you need to make the deal a reality. If not, move on and look elsewhere.
Good luck.

/ Would You Accept This As New #107  
You raised a good point and one I never would have thought about living in a part of the country where snow and ice are not in the forecast...

Never would have thought brine and it's effects if not for this thread...

/ Would You Accept This As New #108  
Contradictory perhaps.What I am trying to say is I expect new if buying new.If I decided to buy used I would have different standards for the condition of the tractor.Anyway,I am tired of dealing with this and have made the dealership an offer to buy the tractor. I wish the whole process had gone smoother but it is what it is.

Kcender . . I don't see a contradiction. When you buy new . . you expect "the new car smell" and the chance to put the furst ding in the finish yourself. When you buy used you have different expectations and costs.

And while you're tired of dealing with it . . . you would be much less content and healthy emotionally if you didn't fight for what you thought. Now I'm not being sissy about it. In my earlier days I saw big ugly hardened men on either side of the law who acted the same way. My suggestion is be glad you did what you thought you should and stop apologizing for it. Standing up for yourself is what a man does.

/ Would You Accept This As New
P1020268.jpgP1020267.jpgP1020271.jpgP1020269.jpgP1020270.jpgI finally took delivery of the tractor.After spending about 40 hours going over it I am satisfied with it.I took a lot of it apart and cleaned,lubed,undercoated,and painted what I thought needed to be done.I took a few pictures and now it is time to use it.This is the cleanest it will ever be.

/ Would You Accept This As New #110  
We never got to see it before your details but now it shines so much I bet you need to wear shades to look at it.

Will you be using it commercially ?...oh and congrats