Would you buy again?

/ Would you buy again? #71  
The dealer told me that the Max 28 and the 2516 are pretty much identical. I think he said they were the same motors in fact. I would have liked a little more lifting power in the loader since I have a lot of large rocks around and a little more in the backhoe but I certainly can not complain. I think any bigger than what I have now, I would have had issues getting it thru the woods around the house.

What you said above is true. I've got the PDFs in front of me now.

You'll be happy to know that your backhoe is stronger than the Max28XL (aka: 2817) by what I would consider to be a significant margin. They went to a new, more compact design...which removed some power, I guess. When I was shopping, I asked about getting the 1710B backhoe for the Max, if I got a backhoe. I have since decided to hold off on that $6k purchase... mostly because it is $6k!!! :hissyfit:

What you gave up in Loader lift, you gain in the Backhoe.

As far as forks and boulders, I have the Mahindra/Kodiak forks that go on the loader or the 3pt hitch. I have moved boulders with both. Your 3pt hitch has the same lift capacity as the Max28XL/2817.

This size tractor is about as big as I could use, as well. But they are serious powerhouses.

Have fun with your projects. :thumbsup:

/ Would you buy again? #72  
This may be a late post, but I would definitely purchase a Mahindra again. Our 2516 is just what we need, and has not given any trouble so far. What used to be chores are fun, and it is nice to get away for a little while, just you and the tractor.

/ Would you buy again? #73  
Just bought a max28 with mmm, fel and backhoe. Dealer made good on replacing the first one after a switch issue. Absolutely love the tractor and would buy again after about 10 hours in.

/ Would you buy again? #74  
Doubtful, maybe at best. I bought a used 4510 about 4 years ago with 850 hours or so. It has less than 1000 now. I do not know how it was maintained before that. Before using I changed all fluids, filters etc.
I have needed a new clutch, the PTO shaft had a leakage issue, it wanted to run warm, the AC quit working among other things. I had it in to a Mahindra dealer to check why it was losing coolant. Fortunately just a hose. The AC was replenished (they could not find a leak) but it took a blower motor.
The temperature gauge got disconnected (not by the dealer or me) and they were unable to get it rehooked up. The three colors of the same did not match what they expected.
Here is the difficult part. The tractor ran when I brought it in. The clutch was repaired before this. It was mostly check for coolant and AC leaks, new belts and a battery and the temp gauge. They have had it now for 53 days. The flood did not take that long. I starting calling once a week about three weeks ago. They said they could not figure out the wiring on the temp gauge. I said back then to just put in a new aftermarket temp gauge like we used to do to replace the idiot lights. Last Friday he promised it would be done by today. Still not done but he said they will be working on it.
So between the tractor problems and the dealer service I am not sure. I could have brought it to a different brand dealer I have used over the years and been happy with but figured it would be better to go to a Mahindra dealer. Wrong.

/ Would you buy again? #75  
Supposedly to get the tractor back next week, we will see. I will more quickly believe it when I have it back.

/ Would you buy again? #76  
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and an also in the market for a tractor and hope to buy in the next month or so. I'm looking for a machine in the 40-50 hp range and played with a 4035 today at the nearest dealer (about 40 miles). I've been lurking here on the site for a few days and have read all the reviews of the brands I'm looking at. New Holland, Mahindra and Massey are my main focuses currently. So, the main question is this:

Would you buy Mahindra again?

Thanks in advance

-Derek

I have had My 2810 since 2005. I really like It.

/ Would you buy again? #78  
I got my tractor back today after 9 1/2 weeks. I was not unhappy with the work or the $90 an hour labor charge but what was disappointing was that it took 67 days to do 11.5 hours of work. Most of that was done only after I went down there last Thurs late personally.
I do not get alot of vacation and I had some scheduled in late July and August that I could not do much without my tractor that went in on June 8.

/ Would you buy again? #79  
I have good service from mine but at this point I am not sure that I would. I would have to go with dealer who is close to the house and has a large service department. Hopefully one who has available parts for their tractors.