Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs?

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #11  
New diesel cars? The original poster can do as he pleases but if it were my engine I would wait, nothing worse than a diesel engine that slobbers out the exhaust.

Aha your right, sorry.

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #13  
I asked my dealer about this issue when I bought my Kubota & he said to do maintenance only when the hours called for it.

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs?
If its too early for synthetic, what oil to use now to complete the brake-in period?

I was going to switch it to Amsoil, at what hours would be recommended to switch to synthetic oil (when break-in is done)?

I really, really wish I could use it more. I absolutely love spending time with it, just my work is not as much as I tough.
To be honest I bought the tractor mainly because my father in law bought a new BX and I helped him with few chores and fell in love working with a tractor.

I do start and use mine every month for 30 minutes or so, it is not just sitting. I wish I had more things to do with it.

The 3700SU really gets everything done very fast. Cleaning my 200 foot driveway takes less than 15 minutes with the loader mounted 8 foot snow plow. Clearing 3-4 acres of bush takes half an hour at the most with 72" bush hog.

10 hours at 2 years old? that's tractor abuse.:D yes I would change engine oil that's it. And go with Mobil 1

My son already knows, what his first tractor is going to look like. :thumbsup:
At the rate I am using it, I am sure I will keep it for 20 or more years.

Yes, what they said,, also if you would like to bring it over to my place we can help you put some hours on that lazy puppy:D I have about 120 hours on my Kioti, and it is 10 months old.:) Take good care of it and it is going to last you a Loooong time.

James K0UA

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #17  
Use the oil the manual says to use- or what the dealer says (if it matches the manual!). People are people and throw in their opinions. Manuals have the company behind them- design specs!

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #18  
Use the oil the manual says to use- or what the dealer says (if it matches the manual!). People are people and throw in their opinions. Manuals have the company behind them- design specs!
I tend to agree. I have always relied on my manual and my dealer. I have had positive results by following this game plan, except for one time. I bought some fuel additive that the parts person suggested. I still have the full 8 ounce bottle. I need to take it back. I just keep forgetting to. After reading the posts here on TBN regarding diesel fuel additives, I chose another fuel additive.

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #19  
Wow! I thought I wasn't using mine enough because I only put 10 hours on it in the last 3 months! I don't feel so bad now.

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #20  
I tend to agree. I have always relied on my manual and my dealer. I have had positive results by following this game plan, except for one time. I bought some fuel additive that the parts person suggested. I still have the full 8 ounce bottle. I need to take it back. I just keep forgetting to. After reading the posts here on TBN regarding diesel fuel additives, I chose another fuel additive.
What was it that you want to return?