Would you use this pic in an advertisement?

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #21  
IMO, it's better to weld hooks on, but if a person doesn't have that skill the ones from Bolt On hooks are less expensive, look like a better product and are made in the US. Can't imagine a reason to buy the Titan version.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #22  
I have had guys put t on those nice pretty welds

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #23  
Would you buy this based on this pic?

No, it would seem silly to me to buy a hook welded to something that I then have to drill holes and bolt on, when I could just weld the hook to what I want myself and skip the other work.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #24  
Exactly what I do. You can buy alloy hook blanks online or at any hardware outlet for a lot less than one welded to a base and that base does nothing to strengthen the attachment when that base is bolted to the sheet metal of said bucket in the first place. 99% of the FEL buckets sold with tractors today are what is termed 'material buckets'. That is, they lack the structural integrity to have 'hooks' bolted to them and will deform under high imposed loads.

The remaining percentage of FEL buckets will be 'excavation' buckets that are structurally strong enough to have lift hooks bolted or welded to them without deformation.

Problem is, the average buyer isn't aware that most every tractor builder offers both buckets but the buyer MUST specify which one they want or the 'default' bucket will be a light duty 'material bucket'. In my case, I have both and my buckets totally interchange on my tractors because they both have SSQA plates welded to them and both my tractors have the SSQA quick attach bolsters on the FEL's.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #25  
Exactly what I do. You can buy alloy hook blanks online or at any hardware outlet for a lot less than one welded to a base and that base does nothing to strengthen the attachment when that base is bolted to the sheet metal of said bucket in the first place. 99% of the FEL buckets sold with tractors today are what is termed 'material buckets'. That is, they lack the structural integrity to have 'hooks' bolted to them and will deform under high imposed loads.

The remaining percentage of FEL buckets will be 'excavation' buckets that are structurally strong enough to have lift hooks bolted or welded to them without deformation.

Problem is, the average buyer isn't aware that most every tractor builder offers both buckets but the buyer MUST specify which one they want or the 'default' bucket will be a light duty 'material bucket'. In my case, I have both and my buckets totally interchange on my tractors because they both have SSQA plates welded to them and both my tractors have the SSQA quick attach bolsters on the FEL's.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #26  
I'd argue that the plate does help somewhat over directly welding it to a light weight material bucket. The closer you can get the hooks to the side plates of a bucket, the better in terms of strength.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #27  
A weak weld will have 60,000 PSI strength. Fusion to weldment is usually the point of failure. Still the weld is over engineered for the application. This is unsightly, but won't fail attached to a compact utility loader bucket.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #28  
... the weld is over engineered for the application. This is unsightly, but won't fail attached to a compact utility loader bucket.
With a loader capacity under a half ton, I don't need something as strong as that. Long ago I put Cold Shuts (chain repair links) 'temporarily' where there were already bolt holes in my loader, to lift something odd shaped. They're still on there, and have turned out to be sufficient.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #29  
Exactly what I do. You can buy alloy hook blanks online or at any hardware outlet for a lot less than one welded to a base and that base does nothing to strengthen the attachment when that base is bolted to the sheet metal of said bucket in the first place.

I just don’t throw anything away. So when I need a heavy duty differential screw for a project, I bought a load binder and cut the hooks off, like to adjust the angle on this box.

063E0ECE-AA92-4924-A821-701F61CDF653.jpeg

Then they are already sitting there collecting dust when I weld them onto something.

7CD80DC3-C1DF-4622-9E37-D8DE3F5568F5.jpeg

And already there when I do actually need them.

0FD2FD8A-2EB4-4D0C-8172-F37521EE8C93.jpeg

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #30  
I wonder how long your electrical powered extension and retraction cylinder will last?? They are not designed or sealed to run in a dust / dirt atmosphere.