eBay/Craigslist wow- ****** out there

/ wow- ****** out there #31  
So for your tractor.
Would you be interested in trading?
I've got a like new set of Chevy Tahoe aluminum OE 15" rims, only 3 missing from set. I'll also throw in $50 cash if you can wait and hold on to the tractor till I sell my old stereo from set on ebay.
Would you mind delivering it for free to Arkansas?:D

/ wow- ****** out there #32  
So for your tractor.
Would you be interested in trading?
I've got a like new set of Chevy Tahoe aluminum OE 15" rims, only 3 missing from set. I'll also throw in $50 cash if you can wait and hold on to the tractor till I sell my old stereo from set on ebay.
Would you mind delivering it for free to Arkansas?:D

Don't do it! You can do way better!

I bet you could trade it for those 45 tree stumps mentioned earlier!

/ wow- ****** out there #33  
How about a couple dozen salmon carcasses for your tractor? You can pick them up when you deliver the tractor and if you hurry there might be some smoked salmon left:)

/ wow- ****** out there #34  
That's a nice tractor...would you take $4500 for it?

/ wow- ****** out there #35  
So here is my Cl post: Mf GC2300 with FEL & TB

And here are some pricing comparos: MASSEY-FERGUSON GC2300, Used MASSEY-FERGUSON GC2300, MASSEY-FERGUSON GC2300 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

There are some lower hour for less money, but there are also alot of higher hour for more money examples. I also looked at the "Built My MF" section of the MF website:
https://agco.bigmachines.com/commerce/new_equipment/products/model_configs.jsp

which says $13679 for a new GC2400 w/ FEL and turfs.

Guy said dealer told him he could buy a new one for $10,500 and that mine was only worth $5k- dealer being a dealer, just wants to sell a new tractor- either that or he never even talked to a dealer.

I am not sure if MF site is the same as others, but the "build my MF" is probabally the MSRP, and real world prices CAN be up to 20% less most of the time. Plus, there could be some rebates.

SO...if the dealer told that guy he could buy a new one for 10,500, he is probabally not lying. BUT that is probabally without tax included and a cash price. Not to mention that you do have a few accessories.

AND...when he claims the dealer said yours is only worth 5k, he is also probabally not lying, just mis-understanding. The dealer probabally said something like, "I'd only give 5k for it", meaning trade-in value.

AND you also have to keep in mind that the dealer is also probabally trying to make a sale and NOT want this guy to buy your used peice.

/ wow- ****** out there #36  
With the economy the way it is people will try to shop for or force a deal if they can. Are some purchasers predatory? Yes they are and a seller neednt be offended at a low offer nor must he / she take it. I try to shop smart and it isn't just the item that matters, if you are selling a widget and everyone already has widgets you wont get a good price regardless of what you personally paid for the widget.

I have a guy that is always selling stuff except he always says make me an offer instead of telling a price drives me nuts cause I don't want to offend him but I also don't want to pay more than I need to.

Tis what it Tis

/ wow- ****** out there #37  
And since we are kinda on the topic of c-list,

A few things that I HATE when people do on c-list:

First, I dont understand why some people refuse to give a phone #. Or want you to e-mail for a phone #. It wastes too much time IMO, and sometimes, even if I am interested in the item, I wont bother if you cant list a phone #.

I am the total opposite, I will give my phone # but will lot allow e-mails. I get 2000x's more spam from e-mail than I have EVER gotten on my phone.

And then there have been the really good deals on something that I have been looking for, for awhile. E-mail only. I will e-mail within 5-minutes of the ad becomming live (I browse c-list often on my days off). No reply until 8 hours later to tell me the item has sole:mad: That has happened to me several times.:mad:

Or what about the guys that insist on texting wanting to as you 20 questions about the item in specific detail. Sorry, call me please. Texting is for yes and no questions. NOT "what shape is the *item* in"

/ wow- ****** out there #38  
...but will not allow e-mails. I get 2000x's more spam from e-mail than I have EVER gotten on my phone.
I have one e-mail for c-list... it never gets any spam. Believe me, I use it a bunch but only for c-list.

...And then there have been the really good deals on something that I have been looking for, for awhile. E-mail only.
Little trick, if it's that good... offer $5 or $10 more. I "won" on c-list a 4' spike aerator AND a 6' rear blade... they wanted $50, I offered $60 and put the price in the title... I was very late in replying but they were working all day. That night they said they had over 50 replies... but I guess they liked my title :laughing:

/ wow- ****** out there #39  
And then there have been the really good deals on something that I have been looking for, for awhile. E-mail only. I will e-mail within 5-minutes of the ad becomming live (I browse c-list often on my days off). No reply until 8 hours later to tell me the item has sole:mad: That has happened to me several times.:mad:

I
Little trick, if it's that good... offer $5 or $10 more. I "won" on c-list a 4' spike aerator AND a 6' rear blade... they wanted $50, I offered $60 and put the price in the title... I was very late in replying but they were working all day. That night they said they had over 50 replies... but I guess they liked my title :laughing:

Teg you are the reason LD1 keeps getting told 8 hours later the item is sold, even though he was the first to reply :laughing:

Good trick though :thumbsup:

JB

/ wow- ****** out there #40  
I have one e-mail for c-list... it never gets any spam. Believe me, I use it a bunch but only for c-list.

AHHH, So YOUR the one:D

I am suprised you dont get any spam from the e-mail?

I must ask though, are you giving your ACTUAL e-mail in the body of the ad, of are you letting c-list do their whole e-mail thing that gets re-directed to your e-mail??
When I ocassionally forget to check the box that says "hide" for the e-mail, the next day I have 2 or 3 e-mails that say something like...

"Hey do you need money? I found a way you dont have your ______. Check it out. Ney York Times article......" etc.

I ALMOST NEVER get spam phone calls. The only TWO times I can even remember is when I posted in the autos section And I had a couple of calls about people whanting to advertize for me for a fee and guarentee they can get more than my asking price or my money back.....

Phone calls for me only please:thumbsup: SOOOO much easier. Plus it is easier to get a sense of who you are dealing with. It is more personal than an e-mail.