WR Long "OBG-2" Anyone have one?

/ WR Long "OBG-2" Anyone have one? #1  

pitt_md

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5000
Is there anyone on here that has one of these Open Bottom Grapple "OBG-2" grapples? Pros/Cons?

/ WR Long "OBG-2" Anyone have one? #2  
Is that the model number for their new non clamshell, less expensive model that looks kinda like the Millonzi style grapple? If so there is at least one guy on TBN who has one of those. Seems like a straight up no nonsense grapple at a pretty competitive price. The only thing I saw to differentiate it from the Millonzi was that the bottom tines appeared straight whereas on the Millonzi they are slightly curved. I don't know if there is a functional difference but having the curved bottom tines allows you to hook under a root pretty well. Not sure if the straight ones would do that quite as well but I don't have any direct experience on that. Of course the other difference is that you need to buy it through a dealer as WRLong still doesn't sell direct to customers.

/ WR Long "OBG-2" Anyone have one?
IslandTractor said:
Is that the model number for their new non clamshell, less expensive model that looks kinda like the Millonzi style grapple? If so there is at least one guy on TBN who has one of those. Seems like a straight up no nonsense grapple at a pretty competitive price. The only thing I saw to differentiate it from the Millonzi was that the bottom tines appeared straight whereas on the Millonzi they are slightly curved. I don't know if there is a functional difference but having the curved bottom tines allows you to hook under a root pretty well. Not sure if the straight ones would do that quite as well but I don't have any direct experience on that. Of course the other difference is that you need to buy it through a dealer as WRLong still doesn't sell direct to customers.

Yes, the OBG-2 is the Millonzi style grapple. The main difference between them that I can see is the one you mentioned about the curved tines on the Millonzi and the weight. The OBG-2 in the 56" size is about 56lbs heavier.

You are right about going through a dealer. I spoke with Vance Long and he said that any dealer that sells new loaders would qualify. My Kubota dealer is calling them today to get my next attempt at a grapple (OBG-2 56").

/ WR Long "OBG-2" Anyone have one? #4  
I have contacted my Kubota dealer for the same information on the 56 inch open bottom grapple by Long. He quoted me 1695.00 for the grapple and about 165.00 freight to Milledgeville, Georgia.

/ WR Long "OBG-2" Anyone have one? #5  
I am on their e-mail list and recieved a notice about this new product. I wish they had this available when I bought my bucket grapple. I think they started at $1100 for the 48" model.

OBG