Wrong oil in Kioti?

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #1  

CoenJC

Tractor
Kioti EX5310
Ive only just learnt that you need to use special oil for diesel after I've changed my engine oil. The one I've used isn't specified as as SAE and recommends not for heavy duty diesel

Is this a problem? Should I change it?

Nulon Apex+ Full Synthetic 5W-30 Long Life Engine Oil 5L - APX5W30D1-5

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #2  
Ive only just learnt that you need to use special oil for diesel after I've changed my engine oil. The one I've used isn't specified as as SAE and recommends not for heavy duty diesel

Is this a problem? Should I change it?

Nulon Apex+ Full Synthetic 5W-30 Long Life Engine Oil 5L - APX5W30D1-5
Yes. As soon as possible.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #4  
Don't take the chance drain oil new filter.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #5  
yes, I would definitely changed the oil but I personally don't think I would change the filter... but that's me.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #7  
I don't think it would cause any damage or wear. But I'd change it before using it much longer.
Diesels are made of all the same materials and run at the same temperature as gassers. So diesels have much the same chemical compatibility, viscosity, and lubricity requirements.

My suspicion is that the difference is in the additives. Diesels don't have the problems with high sulphur fuels they used to have, but they still make lots of soot - that's why diesel oil turns black. An additive is put into Diesel oils that disperses soot in the oil so it doesn't clump up and clog passages.

Not worried, we used automotive Rotella 20w-50 in everything for years - gassers and diesels alike. We had zero problems and no noticible wear. Now we know that tests are show there are better oils... like the lower viscosity synthetics for instance. But how much better than no problems and no wear can you get?

rScotty

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #8  
Diesel rated oil has specific ingredients (more zinc being one, correct?), and it is designed to keep soot in suspension. Change it and the filter.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #10  
I am curious as what is the reasoning for advising on the filter change ?
If he ran the engine after the oil change or if he put oil in the filter during the change, then the incorrect oil is in the filter. If neither of those things occurred, then the filter probably doesn't need to be changed.