Wrong oil in Kioti?

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #11  
If he ran the engine after the oil change or if he put oil in the filter during the change, then the incorrect oil is in the filter. If neither of those things occurred, then the filter probably doesn't need to be changed.
I guess I just don't see how that be a big deal, it is minimum amount of oil, I guess one could remove it and drain it out but the life of that oil filter hasn't been affected it is still new.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #12  
I guess I just don't see how that be a big deal, it is minimum amount of oil, I guess one could remove it and drain it out but the life of that oil filter hasn't been affected it is still new.
Depends a lot on the additive package in the oils. Pretty much the reason “they” say not to mix. Could have an unintended reaction.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #13  

I would agree that replacing the filter is not necessary. I would remove, drain, and reinstall the existing filter.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #15  
I would change it if for nothing more than warranty security, many manufacturers are going to pull an oil sample if the machine is brought in for warranty work on the engine or related components and you can bet if the oil doesn't meet the specifications there is a better than average chance that they will deny your warranty. I know it sounds a little like the tin foil hat conspiracy theory but there used to be a sign where I worked that read " If it can happen it will happen".

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #16  
that's why diesel oil turns black. An additive is put into Diesel oils that disperses soot in the oil so it doesn't clump up and clog passages.
Hmmm.. Oil in a 4 stroke gas engine turns black as well when it's loaded with contaminants.

Interestingly, the oil in my M9's don't turn black as it ages. Just gets progressively darker but never black. I must have good piston rings.

Only diesel engine I've ever seen where the oil turns black quick is a DDEC engine and that is because those engines produce a lot of soot.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #17  
If it were me both oil & filter would get changed without hesitation.

/ Wrong oil in Kioti? #19  
Considering the volume of new oil remaining in a drained filter and the volume of the crankcase with the HD oil, I don't see changing the filter either. I'm an oil nut having my first vehicle, used truck purchase as a teen, having a worn out engine for lack of proper oil and changes (47 Chebby 1/2 ton, hot water 6, 3 on the tree)....but one can sit on the fence trying to decide....what is a $7 filter worth?