Tires X-series tires on a 2305?

/ X-series tires on a 2305? #1  

Ironhand

Bronze Member
Has anyone mounted the ATV style tires from the X-series on a 2305? I primarily mow and snowblow and run turfs. They work well, but the added traction looks like it would be nice.

/ X-series tires on a 2305? #2  
Yes, I have x-series "HDAP" tires on my 2210 which is twin to the 2305. The dealer made a trade for a customer who wanted the X-series tractor with the SE package for the better seat but did not want the HDAP (knobby) tires that came with that package. The dealer had a 2210 with turf tires and swapped the 2210 turfs for the X-tractor HDAPS and that's how I got them. This was before dealers started offering those tires for the 2210 and later the 2305, I must have been one of the first. they work very well. see my other posts here about HDAP tires. They do work great in the snow!! I do loader work with them as well. the only drawback for you would be that you would have to be careful on soft or wet turf and not make fast, sharp turns but not a big deal, mainly circling trees in moist areas you can get "turf circles".

/ X-series tires on a 2305?
Exactly what I want. Thanks for the reply. Is there anywhere out there to get them other than the dealer? Who makes them?

/ X-series tires on a 2305? #4  
Not sure. I suspect they are something that was made for UTV's, or Gaters. I suppose you can try somewhere that sells those kinds of vehicles. The brand is Carlisle and they are stamped "HD Field Trax". I know JD is greedy so shop around and let us know how it turns out.

/ X-series tires on a 2305?
I found a handful of places online. $300 +/- shipped. I called my local dealer, who I just a few months ago spent $15k at, and my price less "discount" is $442 + shipping. Now, I'm all for buying local and supporting my dealer, but come on...

/ X-series tires on a 2305? #6  
Have you considered the Carlisle "All-Trail" tires?

Carlisle Tire & Wheel Company

I don't have any experience with them, but they are a "sister" tire to the HD Field Trax. They don't seem to be quite as aggressive, and they have a higher ply/load rating.

/ X-series tires on a 2305? #7  
If you take a peek at the available sizes the "All Trail" are not an option for this tractor. The 2210/2305 runs 18x8.50-10 on the front.

/ X-series tires on a 2305? #8  
If you take a peek at the available sizes the "All Trail" are not an option for this tractor. The 2210/2305 runs 18x8.50-10 on the front.

Good point -- I was only looking at the rear tire size (and I have a 345 with 23x10.5-12)!!