X320 deck pedal stuck down

/ X320 deck pedal stuck down #1  

Eddard

Tractor
X320, 318, 1010
My “new” x320 deck adjusting pedal on the left side is all the way down. Can’t force it up. I removed the deck but don’t know where to start. Ideas please.

/ X320 deck pedal stuck down #2  
Welcome to TBN

The lift pedal, and maybe is over the top of the height adjusting knob system.

Put up a pic showing the two, so we can address the problem. Pls confirm the size of the deck on your X320 and what is meant by "new".

Attachments

• X320 deck.jpg
    X320 deck.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 64
   / X320 deck pedal stuck down #3  
Welcome. This happens when either the lock knob on the dash is up or if the rear arms of the deck are adjusted too high. The lock won't release if it is too high, it needs 1/4 -3/8 of an inch travel before it hits the frame.

/ X320 deck pedal stuck down
Welcome to TBN

Put up a pic showing the two, so we can address the problem. Pls confirm the size of the deck on your X320 and what is meant by "new”.
Welcome to TBN

Put up a pic showing the two, so we can address the problem. Pls confirm the size of the deck on your X320 and what is meant by "new".
Sorry for the delay. Bought the mower with deck a month ago. Supposedly a 2010. Deck is 48” however I can’t find any identifying number. I suppose I need to pull the seat/floor pan to take more pics from the top down.

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpeg
    IMG_1476.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1474.jpeg
    IMG_1474.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1472.jpeg
    IMG_1472.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1471.jpeg
    IMG_1471.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1473.jpeg
    IMG_1473.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Welcome. This happens when either the lock knob on the dash is up or if the rear arms of the deck are adjusted too high. The lock won't release if it is too high, it needs 1/4 -3/8 of an inch travel before it hits the frame.
Thanks. I will check that. The rear of the deck is hiked up when on the mower.

Last edited:
Wow, I goofed up the order of things.

Attachments

• IMG_1481.jpeg
    IMG_1481.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
So are you saying you found the problem and have it fixed now?
Something happened to the prior post. I purchased the mower with its 48” deck a month ago. I don’t know what year the mower or deck is. The present deck replaced the original. The deck foot pedal is stuck in the down position. I think one responder to this post stated if the adjustment for the deck is too high, the pedal doesn’t work. So I need an idea as to where to start. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1479.jpeg
    IMG_1479.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1478.jpeg
    IMG_1478.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1477.jpeg
    IMG_1477.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1474.jpeg
    IMG_1474.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1475.jpeg
    IMG_1475.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1476.jpeg
    IMG_1476.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1481.jpeg
    IMG_1481.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1473.jpeg
    IMG_1473.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1472.jpeg
    IMG_1472.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 31
   / X320 deck pedal stuck down #9  
I had it happen once back in the day, where the deck height adjustor got unhooked and was above whereas it needs to be below. i.e. the deck can be raised above the "hook" and when lowered the "hook" doesn't allow it to go below the set height. It is carried on that hook.
If it is put together wrong, then the hook is not in the correct position.
Go to reply #2 and see if you can identify the parts that may be in the wrong place. I don't know this is your problem, but your explanation leads me to think that it is the problem.. along with your explanation you have been working on it. No offense meant.

I had it happen once back in the day, where the deck height adjustor got unhooked and was above whereas it needs to be below. i.e. the deck can be raised above the "hook" and when lowered the "hook" doesn't allow it to go below the set height. It is carried on that hook.
If it is put together wrong, then the hook is not in the correct position.
Go to reply #2 and see if you can identify the parts that may be in the wrong place. I don't know this is your problem, but your explanation leads me to think that it is the problem.. along with your explanation you have been working on it. No offense meant.
Well, I haven’t been turning any wrenches on the unit. I’ve tried to pull and push on underneath parts, but nothing. So, can you give me a part number or numbers to look at from the exploded view?