X500 - Protect from theft

/ X500 - Protect from theft #11  
for starters i wouldn't advertise that you are going on vacation on the internet. Yes there are a bunch of great members on this site but there are also a bunch of unknown visitors. Also don't list your vacation on facebook or myspace. There was a house that was broken into last year from someone who told all his friends on face book the would be going to the beach for the weekend came home and found he had been robbed.

other than that what others have said, out of site out of mind, keep up your homeowner inc., talk to the neighbors and have them keep an eye on your property. My neighbor across the street has his dad move his cars around when he is out of town to make it look like someone is home, thought that was pretty smart.
good luck

Yea I think people are totally retarded for announcing to the world every frigging move they make, and all their plans how frigging retarded can you be, Only people that need to know when you go on vacation is the local PD and then people or place you are going to stay at. Texting and stupid websites like facebook and tweeter are really showing the world who the stupid people are.

/ X500 - Protect from theft
To All Forum Readers and Respondents,

Thank you very much for your advice (both practical :thumbsup: and humorous :laughing:), our intent is to prevent crimes of opportunity and heeding the advice of making the tractor immobile and out of sight is definitely the way to go.

Thanks again,

al.4781

/ X500 - Protect from theft #13  
Yea I think people are totally retarded for announcing to the world every frigging move they make, and all their plans how frigging retarded can you be, Only people that need to know when you go on vacation is the local PD and then people or place you are going to stay at. Texting and stupid websites like facebook and tweeter are really showing the world who the stupid people are.
Nice. :rolleyes:
Do you guys have special powers thay allow you to identify someone by a screen name?

/ X500 - Protect from theft #14  
no special powers, but it can be easy to find out who someone is with out being that technical. A lot of us have where we live in our profiles, we also post a lot of pictures on line, some show our houses, barns, and sheds. There was a thread "pic's from the end of your drive way" lots of people posted in that one.

I'm not saying that its bad to post pictures of your land house or tractor, but just use some common sense and not tell the world that you are going to be out of town.

I'm also sure someone a lot smarter than i can probably get more info than i can all i'm saying is be carefull

/ X500 - Protect from theft #15  
Yea I think people are totally retarded for announcing to the world every _______ move they make, and all their plans how ________ retarded can you be, Only people that need to know when you go on vacation is the local PD and then people or place you are going to stay at. Texting and ______ websites like facebook and tweeter are really showing the world who the people are.

Gee...one can say the same thing without the extra words (blanked them out). :D

/ X500 - Protect from theft #16  
Go to a Motorcycle shop like Harley-Davidson. They have lock rings that mount to the floor and sell very hard to cut cables, chains and locks.

/ X500 - Protect from theft #17  
put it in the carport or garage and park the car/truck so close it can't be removed without the car being moved.

/ X500 - Protect from theft #18  
Maybe remove a rear wheel so they cant roll it anywhere.
chain it to a tree.
remove battery
put up signs saying "you are on camera"

Signs really aren't worth much. Both of the last thefts we had, the theif parked their vehicle right in front of the sign. Fortunately, the signs are real and we got great video on four different cameras, including the license plate.