X540 - FD731V carb float needle

/ X540 - FD731V carb float needle #1  

oldnslo

Tractor
Branson 2400H, JD X540
I have a 2013 X540 with FD731V-HS02 engine. It has been starting to run rich so looking at new float needle. In looking at the parts diagrams it appears that the float needle is only available if you also buy the float assemble AM132296. Can anyone tell me if the needle is sold as a separate item?

TIA

/ X540 - FD731V carb float needle #2  
Before replacing the float needle you should investigate other possible causes for running rich - including a clogged air cleaner. Check the float for binding and its adjustment, too.

/ X540 - FD731V carb float needle
I should have included this info:
Air cleaner was replaced this spring approx 10 hrs run time and confirmed that Mickey & Minnie have not set up residence. Plastic float so no adjustment but rubber needle tip is hard as rock which is why I am replacing it.

/ X540 - FD731V carb float needle #4  
but rubber needle tip is hard as rock

Could that be from ethanol in the fuel?

I suspect combination of age, fuel, heating cooling, etc. tractors has around 410 hrs on it.

Not an uncommon problem in Briggs, Tecumseh, Kohler either.

I noticed smell like running rich and also kind of stutter and smoke when hitting bumps which points towards needle not seating properly and float bowl being a little fuller than it should be.

The answer to the question is no, Kawasaki nor JD offer the float needle as a separate item. You must purchase the float to get the inlet needle.

/ X540 - FD731V carb float needle #8  
if the needle valve is plastic replace it!. My LA145 with a briggs engine had that, and it would always stick closed, because it swelled up!. I was able to get the stainless steel needle valve upgrade separately though. that might be because briggs will sell it that way, other engine manufacturers may do thing differently!..

/ X540 - FD731V carb float needle #9  
Is this a Keihin carb?I see this or similar float valve in Kohler and Briggs from time to time. Mostly, Kohler sells them in kits, but on occasion you will find them by the piece. 16030-1007 Kawasaki can be found aftermarket cheap enough. Some are spring loaded, others not. Briggs 715075, 715155 A match? I dunno. SO it's either hit the Deere dealer or maybe an established service shop that would know what you have by bringing it in.
Edit: I bet that it is a Keihin float valve use those search terms and you may find it.

/ X540 - FD731V carb float needle #10  
Is this a Keihin carb?I see this or similar float valve in Kohler and Briggs from time to time. Mostly, Kohler sells them in kits, but on occasion you will find them by the piece. 16030-1007 Kawasaki can be found aftermarket cheap enough. Some are spring loaded, others not. Briggs 715075, 715155 A match? I dunno. SO it's either hit the Deere dealer or maybe an established service shop that would know what you have by bringing it in.
Edit: I bet that it is a Keihin float valve use those search terms and you may find it.
I like the brass floats myself, I'm so good at removing the gas, and re-soldering the floats that it's easy for me. the plastic floats are another ball game.. one I don't like..