X595 harder to start.

/ X595 harder to start. #11  
When you cycle the glow plugs try to isolate the problem to the power side of the circuit or the control side of the circuit. Use your volt meter to determine if the relay coil is getting a 12 volt "signal" from the control board to "suck it in". If the relay is pulling in, check for 12 volts on the input side of the power contacts. Just follow the circuit all the way through. Keep the meter black lead planted on ground. You should probably get a service manual so you would have a wiring diagram. I could post a couple of pages from my X748 manual, but they made some changes , so I don't know if it would be accurate for a X595.

/ X595 harder to start.
Not sure how to trace those down. There are a few wires going into what I think is the glow plug relay (big white wire running into it from the glow plugs I think) I'm no electrical guru. Where should I check it and what should it be doing. I wish somebody with a 495 or 595 had the same issues.

/ X595 harder to start.
I looked on JD parts and it lists 3 relays (AT75769) they all appear to be the same because they are all the same part number. Is a relay just a relay? Can I get one at an auto parts store because it seems generic-not specific.

/ X595 harder to start. #14  
I looked on JD parts and it lists 3 relays (AT75769) they all appear to be the same because they are all the same part number. Is a relay just a relay? Can I get one at an auto parts store because it seems generic-not specific.

Yes, you can. Take the old one with you because the coil might have a resistor, or a diode across the coil for suppression. Or it might have no suppression. Get the same thing.
Get a shop manual too.

/ X595 harder to start.
Ok I pulled the relay which I think controls the glow plugs. Has 4 wires to it. A big fat red one, a fat white one and 2 small diameter wires-a yellow and a blue. I checked for power at the harness and the only one that powers up when you turn the key on is the small diameter yellow one. Shouldnt the big one have power? I did this check with the relay pulled. I checked it at the plug.

/ X595 harder to start.
New relay didn't fix it.

/ X595 harder to start.
Id hate to spend the money on a shop manual when I think I am trading it on a new machine. i just want to make it right before I trade it in.

/ X595 harder to start. #19  
Id hate to spend the money on a shop manual when I think I am trading it on a new machine. i just want to make it right before I trade it in.

I understand. I can only do one more thing to try to help:
HERE IS A LINK to a thread of a guy with a 495, that I was trying to help a while back. His problem was like yours. He ended up buying a repair manual, and fixed his problem. You could try PM'ing him for some details on the manual.
Good luck, and poast back when you fix it.

/ X595 harder to start.
Ok got it fixed. Turns out the fusible link had a break in it!