X739 RPM's

/ X739 RPM's #1  

AGreenOne

Tractor
Terramite t5
I have a x739 just getting out of warranty with the 60 inch deck. Never noticed it before but at full throttle the tach is showing 2 bars under full rpm. This is if it is just parked or driving, mower engaged or not, and if cutting or not. Is this normal for other machines?

/ X739 RPM's #2  
To really confirm engine RPM you should have a 2nd hand held tach to verify actual engine RPM. That would then tell you if at correct engine speed per rated specs.

I think most tachs have some extra range since potentially used on other models.

/ X739 RPM's #3  
What do you mean by “full rpm”?
How is it something beyond full throttle and no load?

/ X739 RPM's #4  
What do you mean by “full rpm”?
How is it something beyond full throttle and no load?
I'm thinking that the OP is concerned if his governor is adjusted correctly for peak rpm being that the gauge isn't topping out.

/ X739 RPM's
I'm thinking that the OP is concerned if his governor is adjusted correctly for peak rpm being that the gauge isn't topping out.
thank you

/ X739 RPM's #6  
Most units will not peg the RPM needle. It is a safety feature built in so when you push the throttle wide open the enigine will actuall be running a couple hunderd RPMs below actually RPM the unit is capable of runing. Doesn't affect the userability of the unit because the unit is operating in the maximum torque range by the indicated tach rpms.

/ X739 RPM's #7  
Does the X7 series have the feature built into the ECU that you cycle the key 3 times and the RPMs, battery voltage and any codes display?