X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #11  
My Simplicity will out cut your JD any day. I was not insulting you so you have no right insulting me so be nice. LOL my machine ran 5400.00

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info.
My Simplicity will out cut your JD any day. I was not insulting you so you have no right insulting me so be nice. LOL my machine ran 5400.00

I wasn't insulting you, but you keep believing whatever you want to.

As far as the tractor itself goes, John Deere IS the superior machine, that isn't even worth arguing over. Simplicity has some pretty wacky ideas, like putting springs on the rear axle of a machine. Tractors need solid mounted axles to be durable and take abuse, not springs and coil-overs that can break under stress.

I haven't seen a mower deck that can cut better than a 7-Iron deck. I would say anyone with a 7-Iron deck can at least match, if not beat your simplicity.

You get what you pay for. My tractor will be worth $5,400 in 10 years with 1,000 hours on it, and you paid that just to get yours.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #13  
LOL, you have to be joking.

Simplicity machines are absolutely, without a doubt, 150% god awful looking. Looking at those machines makes me want to puke.

The John Deere is a superior product, I believe, and not only that, it's a very sexy looking machine too. There is no better garden tractor on the market, than the X700 series.
I looked at the simplicity legacy XL model with diesel motor not a bad tractor but it had a 12 ga. deck compared to the 7ga. iron deck and the yanmar diesel were the difference in why I bought the JD X740.I wanted to add I bought a simplicity/ferris mower zero turn mower the heavy duty model 25 hp kohler engine 61 inch cut with there independent suspension and have to say that was the best mower for ease on your back and body.I thought there suspension was a gimmick until I bought my Kubota 326 pro (diesel) ZTR and I am here to tell ya it beat the H$LL out of my back compared to the simplicity ZTR.coobie

Last edited:
   / X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #14  
I wasn't insulting you, but you keep believing whatever you want to.

As far as the tractor itself goes, John Deere IS the superior machine, that isn't even worth arguing over. Simplicity has some pretty wacky ideas, like putting springs on the rear axle of a machine. Tractors need solid mounted axles to be durable and take abuse, not springs and coil-overs that can break under stress.

I haven't seen a mower deck that can cut better than a 7-Iron deck. I would say anyone with a 7-Iron deck can at least match, if not beat your simplicity.

You get what you pay for. My tractor will be worth $5,400 in 10 years with 1,000 hours on it, and you paid that just to get yours.

Heep big thick head, No springs on my tractor where the **** you get that from? I have over 175 hours on mine and it has NEVER broke down. Your deck will not do stipping

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #15  
All the guy did was ask what you paid and then asked if you looked at simplicity. Or am I missing something

The JD decks will stripe actually, it's an optional add-on kit.

Look on simplicity's website, it's their latest selling gimmick, "automotive style suspension"

I would hope it hasn't given you any trouble at 175 hours, because that's nothing.

In short, no, I didn't look at simplicity. I find them extremely ugly, and cheap. It looks like a cheaply made small import vehicle. As coobie pointed out, your mower deck is a thin 12 gauge steel. John Deere uses 7 and 9 gauge. Simplicity has a 3 year warranty on the Legacy XL, John Deere has 4 years on the X700 series. John Deere offers a diesel engine in 2WD, simplicity does not. John Deere uses a vastly superior Yanmar diesel engine in it's diesel X7 units. Simplicity uses a briggs & stratton diesel in it's Legacy XL. There is no comparison between the 2 engines, the Yanmar takes the cake.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #17  
The JD decks will stripe actually, it's an optional add-on kit.

Look on simplicity's website, it's their latest selling gimmick, "automotive style suspension"

I would hope it hasn't given you any trouble at 175 hours, because that's nothing.

In short, no, I didn't look at simplicity. I find them extremely ugly, and cheap. It looks like a cheaply made small import vehicle. As coobie pointed out, your mower deck is a thin 12 gauge steel. John Deere uses 7 and 9 gauge. Simplicity has a 3 year warranty on the Legacy XL, John Deere has 4 years on the X700 series. John Deere offers a diesel engine in 2WD, simplicity does not. John Deere uses a vastly superior Yanmar diesel engine in it's diesel X7 units. Simplicity uses a briggs & stratton diesel in it's Legacy XL. There is no comparison between the 2 engines, the Yanmar takes the cake.

Yea but yours cost twice as much, Good luck with your machine. My 3 way hitch is much cooler than yours that does not even work right. That auto style spring suspension is on the zero turn which is made by Ferris.

Yea but yours cost twice as much, Good luck with your machine. My 3 way hitch is much cooler than yours that does not even work right. That auto style spring suspension is on the zero turn which is made by Ferris.

What are you, 5 years old? Cooler than yours? Seriously, try to find some maturity.

Take your stupidity, and your fan-boy simplicity love and leave my thread.

This is the John Deere section, for John Deere owners.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #19  
What are you, 5 years old? Cooler than yours? Seriously, try to find some maturity.

Take your stupidity, and your fan-boy simplicity love and leave my thread.

This is the John Deere section, for John Deere owners.

At least my hitch works! see ya!

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #20  
JD tank,I want to tell ya I had my rear tires loaded with rimguard and it really helps with traction if you want to go that route.coobie