X740 and 748 changes over the years?

/ X740 and 748 changes over the years? #11  
AndyMA said:
I don't think you buy a 748 because you need it. I think you buy it because you want it. It's basically a bigger tractor in a small skin (I have several larger tractors). All in all. I love mine. BTW if you spring for a 748, so SE to get the great seat.

Andy

That pretty much says it all. I have the X595 with only 76 hrs on it, but may trade up for an X748 because I really want the 7 iron deck.

/ X740 and 748 changes over the years?
I don't think you buy a 748 because you need it. I think you buy it because you want it. BTW if you spring for a 748, so SE to get the great seat.

Andy

Preaching to the choir here. My 2012 Sierra HD has heated AND cooled ( I call them power junk coolers) seats plus factory nav etc. Far more upscale than our local market supports. I like neat stuff. Not sure that I'm sold on the SE seat. I have the air suspension on my 3720 added from new before anybody knew anything about these and much prefer its simpler seat that folds over if you are out in the rain.

/ X740 and 748 changes over the years?
OK so now we need to find yet another demo or shelf this altogether. Today I had the MIL run the 748SE demo and do some field edge and ditch mowing. She pretty much bleeds Greene mowing several neighbors with her older 3 series Deere. She ran the 724 on this same section a week or so ago when we had it here. She felt same as me about the 4ws. It was neat how it turned, but felt strange. The 748 she just called too big and clumsy. The seat was particularly distracting to her. Sits up too high and yes I adjusted it for her guesstimated weightI kind of feel the same way. I like the std seat form better. My 3720 has the air suspension which I do like. Would be nice to see a scaled down version for the 7 series in maybe a combo spring/air setup.

So now the search for a std 748 or maybe better yet a 740. I'm most anxioyus to see how the turning radius varies as well as hydro speed compared to the gas models. Dealer has a 720 so I'm hoping I can get him to compare circles and speeds to his 748SE.