X748 Arthur Randall plow

/ X748 Arthur Randall plow #11  
No, you shouldn't have to, but.............
Worst case scenario, have longer hydraulic hoses of the required length to suit your needs made up at your local Napa or farm supply store.

No call for anyone to knock a guy just because all the attachments he buys aren't John Deere branded. I for another, will be purchasing a Berco snow blower for my new X748 or X758.

/ X748 Arthur Randall plow
Thanks Oldoak!

I'm pretty sure Deere doesn't make it's plows in the same factory as it's tractors...

/ X748 Arthur Randall plow #13  
When I posted this I was looking for someone to tell me I was right or wrong in my control theory...
That is; what happens when you push/pull one lever or the other...

No problem. Top lever is for left and right, push away from you for left and pull towards you for right. Bottom is for up and down, push away from you for down (and float) and pull towards you for up. Hope this helps

That's EXACTLY how I think it should be... I think Arthur Randall might be thinking another way...

/ X748 Arthur Randall plow #15  
No, you shouldn't have to, but.............
Worst case scenario, have longer hydraulic hoses of the required length to suit your needs made up at your local Napa or farm supply store.

No call for anyone to knock a guy just because all the attachments he buys aren't John Deere branded. I for another, will be purchasing a Berco snow blower for my new X748 or X758.

I'm not one that has to have all implements with a JD label, but as far as two stage snow blowers go, I think it would be tough to beat what JD puts out, at least for the price. I know there is a German company that makes an amazing blower, but its almost twice the price. I forget the name. Just saying....

/ X748 Arthur Randall plow #16  
Carl, I will certainly take your advice under consideration and check out Deere's snow blowers as well.

I didn't mean to side tract your thread about Arthur Randall plows. My apologies, tbwebster.

/ X748 Arthur Randall plow #17  
I am trying to get them to make it right... I just wasn't willing to let it sit half a$$ed...
I sent them an email this morning. Waiting for a reply...
Carl Bert I agree with you. I didn't just watch a you tube video and decide to buy this plow.
I did research this and I TOTALLY disagree it is too much plow for the tractor. I just couldn't see putting a 54" plow on a tractor that is 52" wide so I could drive in the snow bank when I angle the plow.

A x748 is 47'' wide. Or maybe I'm missing something here.

Rob

I measured mine... About 47". I just threw 52 out there. My dealer told me people have been complaining about the blades being too narrow as long as he can remember. He said he has tells his deere rep every year and the rep says "I know" every year.

Bottom line here is: (I think)

The plow required less than a minutes touch up to "fit". Not a big deal. I had the technology to fix that...

I am pretty sure Arthur Randall is on a different page with what lever does what. When I originally ran the hoses which were already installed on the cylinders up to the valves they lined up with the ports. However the operation was backwards and upside down. And... Someone confirmed that for me. Thanks Carl Bert!

In order to achieve what I wanted 2 longer hoses are required... The one I had made cost $30... I'll spend another $30 to get it right... Not a big deal...

And no sweat on the blower part... I think you made a good point by going there...

/ X748 Arthur Randall plow #19  
Puzzled I am u mentioned two hoses is that all it takes???? should it not need four??? and then could u not put them where u want them to make handles do what u want?? or am I missing something??? I have a 455 and am thinking of making it 4wd.

Only 2 of the hoses were too short... It takes 4... Just an update... Arthur Randall took care of me and made everything right. All is good now.