X749 With new 54" Snow Blower

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #11  
Turbo 36,
Nice setup. Is this the same blower for the 2520. I know they just came out with a 54" blower for the 2520
By the way I have a Seven road and GT So Cal made Hardtail MTN. The GT is many years old. Love to see your stable of bikes.

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #12  
I noticed in the 4th picture that the floor mat by the door is askew... kidding! Nice to see an organized garage - which only exists in my mind.

That is one sweet tractor. I'm quite jealous... my 2305 is probably the better choice for my property, but every time I look at an x700 series diesel, I think that maybe I should have gone with my gut, rather than the "practical" choice.

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #13  
Oh yeah... I should have mentioned that my 2305 lives outside under a lean-to, but my Rivendell enjoys the comfort of its own space in the garage.

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower
Very nice blower Also wondering about the plastic

also some very Nice Bikes

Not in your league but have 2 different Diamondbacks

I'll give an update on the plastic after I suck up one of my landscape lights I forgot to mark.:D

I've never seen a bike I didn't like, the main thing is to find time to ride.

I noticed in the 4th picture that the floor mat by the door is askew... kidding! Nice to see an organized garage - which only exists in my mind.

That is one sweet tractor. I'm quite jealous... my 2305 is probably the better choice for my property, but every time I look at an x700 series diesel, I think that maybe I should have gone with my gut, rather than the "practical" choice.

The garage is really quite disorganized in these pictures, I was in the process off putting up Christmas lights and had ladders and tele-poles strewn every where. Right after I took the pictures I cleaned up the garage and straightened the mat. All is right with the world again:D

Turbo 36,
Nice setup. Is this the same blower for the 2520. I know they just came out with a 54" blower for the 2520
By the way I have a Seven road and GT So Cal made Hardtail MTN. The GT is many years old. Love to see your stable of bikes.

It is the same blower, the 2520 uses a different drive shaft and up-stop.

Some people have a stable of horses, I have a stable of bikes. They eat less and the clean up if far easier!:D

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #17  
Hi Turbo36, I have the same blower on my JD2320, and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I note from the pics that you have a manual adjust for the top-of the chute-thingie....what do you call it anyway? mine has no adjuster, manual or otherwise and I know you can buy an electrical adjuster, but was your unit supplied with the adjuster or did you add that? Can you tell me the price if it's an add-on. Looks as if you mounted it on one of the drift cutters.....neat idea.
Bob

Hi Turbo36, I have the same blower on my JD2320, and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I note from the pics that you have a manual adjust for the top-of the chute-thingie....what do you call it anyway? mine has no adjuster, manual or otherwise and I know you can buy an electrical adjuster, but was your unit supplied with the adjuster or did you add that? Can you tell me the price if it's an add-on. Looks as if you mounted it on one of the drift cutters.....neat idea.
Bob

Deere calls it a remote spout cap control kit, but I like the "chute-thingie" name:p.

This is a "kit" available from Deere ,it consists of a cable that fits many different models and a bracket that is specific to the tractor you want to mount it on. It does not include the cable guide you see mounted on the quick hitch, I added that myself.

I don't believe the part number listed below is correct anymore but it will help your dealer get started in the right direction.

BM20960 Remote Spout Cap Control Kit
For 425-455, 318, 322, 332, 420, 430, X400/X500 HDGT's, F900's,
X700's, 2210, 2305, 4010, 4100, 4110, 4115 Tractors. See Sales
Manual for Required Attaching Part

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #19  
I wouldn't worry about the plastic at all. All of the steel impellors we have on our commercial baggers have busted, bent, went out of true and balance and destroyed bearings. The newer styles are all plastic now. They can take a good hit without breaking, they are much lighter and easier on the bearings. Plus, the plastic ones are a lot cheaper to replace if need be than the steel impellers. Plastic chemistry/technology has come a long way. I'm sure plastic will not rust or permanently bend and deform like steel will, wo'nt need repainting, snow won't stick to it as easy either...my guess anyway. The 54 size looks like it fits the tractor better, and the diesel has the power to run it too. Awesome combination you got there, I like the rear weight bracket set-up too. Nice

/ X749 With new 54" Snow Blower #20  
Deere calls it a remote spout cap control kit, but I like the "chute-thingie" name:p.

This is a "kit" available from Deere ,it consists of a cable that fits many different models and a bracket that is specific to the tractor you want to mount it on. It does not include the cable guide you see mounted on the quick hitch, I added that myself.

I don't believe the part number listed below is correct anymore but it will help your dealer get started in the right direction.

BM20960 Remote Spout Cap Control Kit
For 425-455, 318, 322, 332, 420, 430, X400/X500 HDGT's, F900's,
X700's, 2210, 2305, 4010, 4100, 4110, 4115 Tractors. See Sales
Manual for Required Attaching Part

With that machine I would want nothing less than either electric or hydraulic or any combination of the two to operate everything and anyhing. No cables or manual remote anything ....give me buttons, levers, switches