3-Point Hitch XG3025H Dual Rear Remotes WITH Detente COMPLETE INSTALL!!!!!

/ XG3025H Dual Rear Remotes WITH Detente COMPLETE INSTALL!!!!! #1  

Wishbonez51

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3025H
After receiving the wrong kit which is literally for all the rest of the small compact series tractors, this kit is ONLY for the XG3025 tractor to include the hydrostat and 12 speed shuttle shift.

DISCLAIMER, Some steps in my install were not shown in the install manual and I figured them out on my own. IF you purchased this tractor with the backhoe installed from factory, there are some added steps that you must do and I have included these steps as I purchased my tractor with the backhoe from factory.

LETS GET STARTED....

First steps is to jack up the right rear of the tractor and place a jack under the axle. My pictures show the entire rear end of the tractor up on blocks. This was due to my rear main seal go bad on my left hand side final drive casing. I did a complete write up on that repair, you can check that out.

Next step is to take the tire off as it is in the way. To do this without possible injury is to have a platform jack rated for 1000lbs. This is what I used and you can see in this picture.
IMG_6302.JPG

Once the tire is out of the way, it is now time to take the seat off. Tilt the seat forward and this will expose the four bolts. Make sure to disconnect the sensor underneath before pulling up. Some how I forgot to take pics of this, sorry.

Now you will need an oil pan in a couple of spots as you will lose hydraulic fluid. I drained my system when I made the repair to the final drive assembly. And I still had fluid coming out of the hoses.

The exciting part is opening the box from LS. It will have all of your parts and you will want to grab your manual to double triple check you have everything that should come in the kit before disassembly of hoses. The very first thing you want to do is check over your parts and lay them out, it makes things easier for me.

1st step is to take out the double rear remote manifold. Since I have the backhoe, I ordered the "detente" kit which is a MUST and I feel when you purchase the backhoe, this system should of come on the tractor from factory. You can install the detente on either valve, I chose the inner valve as it is closer to the seat. Good news is if you want to switch it to the other valve you can with not to much hassle down the road. The detente cannot be confused with the auto spring installed. Even after you install and possibly forget which one you installed it on, you can move the lever and you will find it real quick.
IMG_6730.JPGIMG_6731.JPGIMG_6732.JPGIMG_6733.JPG
After taking out the two allen head bolts, to get the spring off you have to use a bigger allen head to take off. Than install the new Detente valve with the aluminum spacer like this.
IMG_6734.JPGIMG_6735.JPGIMG_6736.JPGIMG_6737.JPG

/ XG3025H Dual Rear Remotes WITH Detente COMPLETE INSTALL!!!!!
step 2. This part is for anybody who has the FEL installed on your tractor. The FEL block is underneath the step platform outside of the forward and rear peddles. The block will have a banjo hard plumbed pipe going from the FEL block to the top of the transmission. This pipe has to come off and make way for the valve manifold.
IMG_6740.JPGIMG_6739.JPG
To do this you will need a 7/8 wrench or socket to take off the banjo bolt on top of the tranny. Once this is done you will need a 27mm wrench to loosen and take off the block connection.
IMG_6747.JPGIMG_6748.JPG

Once that pipe is out of the way, you can now bolt up the mainfold base plate to the side of the transmission box. The two holes are already there and I have pointed them out.
IMG_6741.JPGIMG_6742.JPG

Last edited:
Step 3. SKIP THIS STEP if you don't have the backhoe installed....

The factory installs two hoses for your backhoe. One hose is hooked up through your joystick on top.
IMG_6743.JPG
The second hose is hooked up on the FEL block down below.
IMG_6744.JPG

This leads me to my grief with this kit. The kit does not give instructions on taking these hoses off, NOR does it come with the two plugs you will need in to replace with once you take the hoses off. I have to go into town tomorrow morning to pick them up. Once I do I will add what they are in detail.

Here you can see how the two hoses look through the side and the rear of the tractor. Mickey Mouse if you ask me.
IMG_6745.JPG

step 4. Install new dual remote manifold with the included 3 bolts. Do not tighten them right now. Once that is installed you can now install the new main supply line from the bottom of the FEL block to the dual rear remote valve body on the top left. ALL BANJO FITTINGS will have two copper rubber orings. One on top of the banjo and one on the bottom. Torque to 20 foot pounds on ALL Banjo connections.
IMG_6759.JPGIMG_6758.JPG

The next item is the over flow bypass that connects the manifold to the return to the tranny connection we took off that banjo line.
IMG_6764.JPGIMG_6763.JPGIMG_6762.JPG

You will want to connect to the manifold before connecting to the tranny.

Last edited:
step 5. Install overflow tube. But first you need to add o-ring grease to the tube and oring provided. Than take off the plug on the transmission. Once completed install tube as shown.IMG_6766.JPGIMG_6767.JPGIMG_6768.JPGIMG_6765.JPGIMG_6772.JPGIMG_6769.JPGIMG_6775.JPGIMG_6770.JPGIMG_6771.JPG

Last edited:
step 6. Once all the banjo fittings have been tightened down, you can now tighten the three bolts that hold the manifold onto the base plate.
IMG_6777.JPGIMG_6776.JPG

Step 7. The rear remote manifold and pipe fittings with the front and back plate that looks like the symbol of the black widow. The instructions give you the step by step so I will only show you the parts and than what it looks like with all the pipes installed correctly.
IMG_6785.JPGIMG_6727.JPGIMG_6729.JPG

Once that is done you will now install two risers on the front of the remote valve body. I torqued these down to 20 foot pounds as well. Make sure you are using the brass oring fittings on ALL banjo fittings as well as these two adapter risers.
IMG_6788.JPGIMG_6786.JPGIMG_6787.JPG

After that has been completed it is now time to install the rear remotes with the banjo pipes connected to the back of the ROPS back panel with the supplied two bolts. Followed by connecting the hard lines at the remote manifold in the corresponding spots.
IMG_6791.JPGIMG_6792.JPGIMG_6789.JPGIMG_6790.JPG

Last edited:
   / XG3025H Dual Rear Remotes WITH Detente COMPLETE INSTALL!!!!! #7  
Great job description on your remote install.
You need to re-do (upload) the pics in posts 4,5,&6. They come up as invalid attachments.

/ XG3025H Dual Rear Remotes WITH Detente COMPLETE INSTALL!!!!! #8  
Great detail! Bob

Great job description on your remote install.
You need to re-do (upload) the pics in posts 4,5,&6. They come up as invalid attachments.

That’s weird, they were working last night. I will fix them for sure. Once I get back with the two plugs and pipe thread lock I will finish the install.

Step 8. Now its time to install the quick disconnects for the rear remotes. I have a couple of different types of sealant but I am going to use Loctite 545 for this job.
IMG_6794.JPG
IMG_6802.JPGIMG_6803.JPG
Step 9. THIS STEP IS ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE BACKHOE....
Now I went to 2 different hydraulic parts stores here in town and purchased 5 different types of plugs that they were confident would be for my application. Well they didn't work and I wasn't going to cause damage trying to booger it to work. So I came up with a much better plan. I sure wish I could of thought about this before driving 150 miles and 5 hours of my day as well as $60 worth of useless fittings. If you DON'T have the backhoe this won't be an issue for you as you will already have plugs in these spots.

So I took the hose that was already on the top and disconnected the 2nd hose that went to the back. I disconnected the 3/8 elbow fitting so the hose would ge directly into the 90 degree fitting already on the FEL block.
IMG_6797.JPGIMG_6798.JPG
To make this hose work and not stretch it, I loosened the bolts to adjust my joystick down just enough where there was slack in the hose. This worked out PERFECT and is a real clean installation. Last thing to do is replace the zip ties.
IMG_6800.JPGIMG_6801.JPG