XJ belly mower guide wheels

/ XJ belly mower guide wheels #1  

SHIFTY

Gold Member
Don't know if anybody else has ran into this, the belly mower on my XJ are really pissing me off dragging and not returning to center very well, I've tried lowering the front wheels one notch to apply more pressure to them but that does not help, 3 point is down all the way, any thoughts, property is sloppy/hilly but I've never had an issue with other belly mowers

/ XJ belly mower guide wheels
Don't know if anybody else has ran into this, the belly mower on my XJ are really pissing me off dragging and not returning to center very well, I've tried lowering the front wheels one notch to apply more pressure to them but that does not help, 3 point is down all the way, any thoughts, property is sloppy/hilly but I've never had an issue with other belly mowers

IMG_20190608_132111.jpegIMG_20190608_143745.jpegMVIMG_20190608_143845.jpeg

Cleaned/greased/lubed? Do they turn free while the mower is raised?
Everything's clean, no way to grease the front spindles, there is s nylon washer on top and no grease fittings, small tires are everything does spin freelyIMG_20190604_174754.jpeg

/ XJ belly mower guide wheels #5  
That's a different set-up than mine, but I'd still use some WD40, PBBlaster or other spray lube to make sure the spindle rotates freely.

Yes I just broke out the grease gone in a spray lubricant for peace of mind, I leveled off the back lift arms, time for another try, I do love this machine though and when I'm not having that issue it mowes beautiful

After doing the above and going through the adjustments, lever the lift arms, adjusting the 2 rear bolts, front hanger nuts, I just snugged the nut until the gap tightened up on the front of the deck, adjusted the frame stop bolts, sprayed lube on the wheel spindles and greased, now it seems to be better balanced on all 4 wheels and they seem to be working correctly, mowing nice now1560029236252~2.jpeg