XJ2025 3 point stabilizer

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #1  

Defiant2025

Tractor
LS XJ2025h
Hi everyone, long time lurker but finally decided to get involved.

The turn buckle stabilizers on the xj leave a lot to be desired. Implements are a bear to get on and off. My back blade has pins pointing out while my 3 point scoop (surprise favorite implement) points in. Then having to remove an arm for the backhoe is another hassle (mind you these are major first-world non-problems but easier is easier right?) If I could disengage the stabilizers quickly life would be fantastic. Anyone know of a good alternative or upgrade? The cheaper the better since I don't think the 3 extra minutes on either end of the swaps is worth all that much.

To get ahead a bit, I have concerns with quick hitches since the widths are different on my attachments and the Pat's are a bit pricey.

Thanks in advance for advice!

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #2  
Never used one, but I hear good things from a product called the Quick Hitch. Might solve your problems?

I dont use one because I am too cheap, and I would probably have to buy new PTO shafts since they would all be too small.

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #3  
Welcome to the forum!

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #4  

The turn buckle stabilizers on the xj leave a lot to be desired. Implements are a bear to get on and off. My back blade has pins pointing out while my 3 point scoop (surprise favorite implement) points in. Then having to remove an arm for the backhoe is another hassle (mind you these are major first-world non-problems but easier is easier right?) If I could disengage the stabilizers quickly life would be fantastic. Anyone know of a good alternative or upgrade? The cheaper the better since I don't think the 3 extra minutes on either end of the swaps is worth all that much.

To get ahead a bit, I have concerns with quick hitches since the widths are different on my attachments and the Pat's are a bit pricey.

I've had a quick hitch for both my last tractor and my current tractor. Yeah the widths can be different, I had to buy the extra long implement pins for a couple of them but man it's so much easier to just back up to something and raise it up. Of course, you DO have to be able to back up straight :laughing:

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer
I've had a quick hitch for both my last tractor and my current tractor. Yeah the widths can be different, I had to buy the extra long implement pins for a couple of them but man it's so much easier to just back up to something and raise it up. Of course, you DO have to be able to back up straight :laughing:
I laugh too until I go to hook up in my barn full of "treasures". It'll make anyone look like a blind squirrel!

Thanks for the input, I went out after I posted to get a measurement of the difference between my 2 implements. They are 11 inches different from each other pin hole to pin hole. Is that normal? Seems excessive to me but sort of provides insight on why I'm shy about the quick attach and my annoyance with the turnbuckles. Maybe the lower link end types are my only option here.

I saw a post in the Kubota forum for the same problem but they have a pin type setup on one of the premium models that they could buy to replace. That setup attaches from the outside as opposed to the inside on mine. Otherwise I'd be headed that direction. Might be chasing unicorns here...

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #6  
I am a big fan of the Quick Hitch. You've can buy adapters for your implement lift pins and even extenders for the top pin if needed. HF Quick Hitch runs about $70-$90 and adapters for the lift pins run $10-$20 on Amazon. I have had my HF QH for nearly 2 years and would not be without one now. Hooking up and disengaging is a breeze and no more back strains.

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #7  
Forgot to mention...all of my implements rest on cinder blocks which keeps them off the ground, but also makes using the HF QH even easier to use.

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #8  
I laugh too until I go to hook up in my barn full of "treasures". It'll make anyone look like a blind squirrel!

Thanks for the input, I went out after I posted to get a measurement of the difference between my 2 implements. They are 11 inches different from each other pin hole to pin hole. Is that normal? Seems excessive to me but sort of provides insight on why I'm shy about the quick attach and my annoyance with the turnbuckles. Maybe the lower link end types are my only option here.

I saw a post in the Kubota forum for the same problem but they have a pin type setup on one of the premium models that they could buy to replace. That setup attaches from the outside as opposed to the inside on mine. Otherwise I'd be headed that direction. Might be chasing unicorns here...

wow, 11 inches? that does seem excessive. if memory serves me, the harbor freight QH is 27" inside the two lower hooks. on one of my implements, I turned the pins in instead of out, on a couple of the others, I put longer pins on them. I also welded in a piece of 1/2" stock on the back of the inside on the lower hooks of the QH to keep from having to buy adapters for everything

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #9  

Hey, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but were you able to find an alternate solution to your stabilizer issue? I loathe the turnbuckles on my XJ2025 but haven't been able to find a tolerable alternative. Thanks!

/ XJ2025 3 point stabilizer #10  
I would tell you to go with the quick hitch ,
I did the one from Harbour Freight I even printed out a coupon
which made it around $84.00 out the door . on the hooks on the hitch i welded in a
1/4X1 inch strap bent it around a rod and welded it in , it's a snug fit on all 7/8 pins
on the attachments and you don't have to buy any other pins . I'm also a welder
fabricator and has modified all of my attachments to fit the quick hitch . on the cost
look at it as a investment that's going to help you save you back and fighting to hook up
the attachments . even if you have to pay someone to do any fab work it will be worth
it in the end .

hFIV9TF.jpg

MHbmCmq.jpg