XJ2025H not enough lift strength

/ XJ2025H not enough lift strength #11  
My homemade forks and fence weigh in at 125#. I built it as strong as i could with out sacrificing the lift of the tractor. I have to do some concrete work this spring... ill see how much I am able to lift based on how many bags I can stack.

Just give the relief a half a turn and go play in the dirt. I think you will be a bit happier with the bucket in dirt work. Also I couldn't lift as I was plowing into the pile but once i let off the forward pedal... i could lift. Now with the pressure up i can lift with the pedal pressed while plowing full force with a full bucket

Not to change the subject, but are you abe to post a picture of your fork setup? I am looking for ways to reduce some weight on mine.

/ XJ2025H not enough lift strength #12  
Definitely sounds like there is a problem. My suspected area would be that right side cylinder. I have an mt125 scut (smaller than your 2025) and have lifted 12 - 80# (960 lbs.) bags of concrete on a pallet without any problems whatsoever. I was at about 2k rpm, full power is 3k rpm. I actually lifted 15 - 80# bags in the bucket, that's 1200 lbs. didn't lift it high, but about 1' off the ground while moving, then lifted to about 2-2 1/2' to unload. You are supposed to have a higher hydraulic flow and greater lift capacity than mine.

/ XJ2025H not enough lift strength
"Well, as time has gone on-she seems a little stronger. Felt like it as I am moving one of the previous stacked pallets , so I did another test. Forks/ pallet/ 12 sacks of 60# concrete in 3 rows across the back- she will lift 3 feet. 10 sacks evenly across the pallet , she will lift a foot if told to. So, 1120 ish w/ the SSQA, pallet, and forks figured in. " Last post from above.

I can't do 12 cinder blocks (30%+ lighter) in that same configuration so either my SSQA pallet forks are hundreds lbs heavier than yours or I'm definitely under-powered on the lift ability.

Guess I can load it up and take to local LS dealer...suppose he can measure each cylider's output some way to see if they are both performing same and up to spec as a pair.

Wonder if there is a problem if warranty covers or how that works since I bought the machine used? Still under warranty time period, but no idea if that transfers to 2nd owner....

/ XJ2025H not enough lift strength #15  
You can do a simple test to see if the loader cylinders are performing. Pick up as much weight as it can and lift it 1 foot off the ground. Shut the tractor off and time how long it takes for the loader to drop back to the ground. Make sure no one touches the loader controls.
Hydraulic cylinders are very simple. They either work, or they leak, or some combination of the two (discounting obvious damage).
If the loader drops to the ground in less than 15 minutes, then I would say at least one of the cylinders is leaking internally and letting the load drop. The loader control valve will also slowly let the arms down, but this sounds like a new machine, so that is not terribly likely.
Since the loader cylinders are plumbed in parallel, it only takes one leaking internally to let both arms down.
If the loader holds the load a reasonable amount of time, then it has to be a low pressure problem. A $30 gauge on a coupler would tell you if your machine is making rated pressure.

/ XJ2025H not enough lift strength #16  
You can do a simple test to see if the loader cylinders are performing. Pick up as much weight as it can and lift it 1 foot off the ground. Shut the tractor off and time how long it takes for the loader to drop back to the ground. Make sure no one touches the loader controls.
Hydraulic cylinders are very simple. They either work, or they leak, or some combination of the two (discounting obvious damage).
If the loader drops to the ground in less than 15 minutes, then I would say at least one of the cylinders is leaking internally and letting the load drop. The loader control valve will also slowly let the arms down, but this sounds like a new machine, so that is not terribly likely.
Since the loader cylinders are plumbed in parallel, it only takes one leaking internally to let both arms down.
If the loader holds the load a reasonable amount of time, then it has to be a low pressure problem. A $30 gauge on a coupler would tell you if your machine is making rated pressure.

I thought about this and I don't think it would work... It is not a 1:1 displacement on push/pull. Letting the cylinders bleed down from extended position will not tell you if they are bad. A hydraulic cylinder in an extended position has more fluid volume then when collapsed. If the seals are bad on the piston on either of the 2 cylinders they cannot move until there is enough room for the rod. Unless fluid is leaking on the ground or through the valve block, the cylinders cannot collapse any further then it has room to displace the fluid. If you pulled the piston out, there would be volume left over from the rod and the fluid would flow in behind the piston if it had bad seals.

/ XJ2025H not enough lift strength #17  
Not to change the subject, but are you abe to post a picture of your fork setup? I am looking for ways to reduce some weight on mine.

sorry missed this, Ill put something together for you later this week when I have time.

Found it today. Definitely gave me more lift strength. Front bucket lifts wheels off ground with ease now where it really struggled even doing that before.

So I lifted the same IBC tote with same amount of water. Snatched it right up (good), but was even more "cockeyed" than before (bad). From nearly level, once lifted, left side was a good 2" higher than the right. So that problem is more pronounced with more strength... :(

/ XJ2025H not enough lift strength #19  
How much did you adjust it?
Also, have you check tire pressures to ensure they are exactly the same side to side? Since the rear is a solid axle, unequal rear tire pressure can give it the appearance of having a crooked loader.

Tires are fluid filled and same pressure on top of that. Adjusted it about 1/2 turn - was hard to tell exactly because difficult to reach and very limited amount of movement with small allen wrench.

I need to lift something else though....with water in that tote, once left side is slightly higher, weight shifts so that might make it appear a lot worse than it is. But it seemed worse....could be a lot of other factors. Will try blocks on a pallet or something instead of a great big spirit level....