XR 4040H issue with only 8 hours on it

/ XR 4040H issue with only 8 hours on it #21  
Are you talking about the engine warning light on the dash directly under the glow plug light that was flashing? If so, was it flashing by itself or was there also a light (DPF) on the upper right of the dash flashing at the same time?
1) If the light was on or flashing by itself it will need a trip back to the dealer.
2) If the light was on or flashing with the DPF light or lights flashing the soot level is 100-140% and the DPF was regenerating. In this condition the engine is derated to 50% and RPM is limited to 1800 until regeneration is complete. All work with machine must stop until regen is complete. Then engine would return to normal operation and RPM.
What you describe happening sounds like #2 condition which is normal.

I'm sooooooo glad I have a tier 3 tractor !!!!

/ XR 4040H issue with only 8 hours on it #23  
I'm sooooooo glad I have a tier 3 tractor !!!!

I hear ya!!!!

I don't know what your ages are but I remember saying something similar about 40 plus years ago when they started putting computers in cars and trucks and did away with points and condensers. The automotive industry has done the same thing over the years. They just make it harder for the average guy to work on and troubleshoot his own stuff.

BTW, I followed up on a post from 94Bullitt (a backup camera for $50) and installed mine today. Cameras front and back. Now I can see my forks from inside the cab without getting up out of the seat.

/ XR 4040H issue with only 8 hours on it #24  
Ok here is a update on the XR4046H that quit and wouldn't start after that. The wiring harness was burnt after getting to close the the exhaust . The dealer has been working on the unit since Monday nite. they have replaced all wires on the unit and I meal all..all sensing units and they still cant get it to start. The tractor only had 4.7 hours on it..They called this morning and told me that there is a totally new unit on the way to me should be here this afternoon. I don't think to many companies would do that.. I am very PLEASED with my LS XR4046H...I still think they are built good and will last years... but still think they could do a better job on quality control on units as they leave the factory

/ XR 4040H issue with only 8 hours on it #25  
Fantastic!

Eugene

/ XR 4040H issue with only 8 hours on it #26  
I am considering an XR4040- but may wait a few months till I hear more experiences out there.

It seems to be the perfect machine for me, IF it is dependable.

I think I need to see a few months on tractorbynet to better understand the model.

/ XR 4040H issue with only 8 hours on it #27  
Ok here is a update on the XR4046H that quit and wouldn't start after that. The wiring harness was burnt after getting to close the the exhaust . The dealer has been working on the unit since Monday nite. they have replaced all wires on the unit and I meal all..all sensing units and they still cant get it to start. The tractor only had 4.7 hours on it..They called this morning and told me that there is a totally new unit on the way to me should be here this afternoon. I don't think to many companies would do that.. I am very PLEASED with my LS XR4046H...I still think they are built good and will last years... but still think they could do a better job on quality control on units as they leave the factory

That's great news!

/ XR 4040H issue with only 8 hours on it #28  
Just to add to potential quality control issues...

I received by XR4145HC about 4 weeks ago. I have enjoyed the tractor very much but have had trouble back blading and brush hogging with them moving side to side. The stablizers were locked... The telescoping lift arms however would keep coming unlocked. I was getting very frustrated with them as they never stayed locked for more than 5 minutes of use. I never had them before so I thought I was using them wrong and I went looking in the manual for how to use them... Nothing in the manual. Then I looked online for LS examples of hooking up with them, and found very little. Finally I found a RCO tractor review of a LS 5000 series and they were just showing the telescoping lift arms and immediately it became clear what my problem was....

Mine came from the factory upside down and flipped left to right too.

This is how they came (note the L slot pointing up):

2016-05-20 16_51_51-upside down 2 - bthompson@pivcon.com - Pivcon Inc. Mail.png

This is how they should look (note the L slot pointing down):

2016-05-20 16_53_38-Lift Arms Backwards_ - bthompson@pivcon.com - Pivcon Inc. Mail.png

So I am looking forward to flipping and switching sides (so they angle the right way). I bet things work better. The whole time I was using them I kept thinking "this seems backwards" but just didn't trust my gut to go look it up and figured I just didn't know how to use them.