XR3037 speakers

/ XR3037 speakers #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
Just installed my radio in the tractor and the factory speakers are terrible. Any advice on what speaker is a good direct replacement. Thanks

/ XR3037 speakers #2  
I hate to laugh and snicker, but I knew this thread was coming. :ROFLMAO:

Those terrible 4in speakers suck very bad. One of mine was actually blown! I got a pair of 5in speakers from a yard sale and slapped them in my cab. Some quick trimming with a Dremel tool is required. Here is a set I'd probably go with today if I needed:

/ XR3037 speakers #3  
I was able to pick some up at a local auto parts store. Any brand will be better than what comes standard.

Having said that, my advice would be don't waste your money. My experience is that trying to turn the music up loud enough so that you can hear it over the tractor is a good way to accelerate hearing loss.

Instead, I gave up and bought a decent pair of bluetooth noise cancelling headphones. Now I can listen in relative silence/comfort and not worry about further damaging my hearing.

/ XR3037 speakers #4  
I upgraded to 5.25” speakers and the sound still sucked. Turns out that wiring harness or the installer bridged the front and rear speaker wires together. After I cut the wires to separate them and just use the front speaker wires, it sounds pretty good.