Loader XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue #1  

blb078

Silver Member
Tractor
LS 4150HC
On my tractor I'm having issues with the curl on the loader. It curls down fine but curling up about half way through the cycle it goes very slow, almost a stop unless i really crank up the rpm to like 2000. I'm normally running around 1500-1700 range. Another thing I've notice when I have it curled down like I'm going to back drag a small area of dirt or something with just the front edge of the bucket there is slop and it folds over almost flat. I had this problem before and I took it to the dealer and they thought it was the wrlong 3rd function they had put on but I had that put on from the day I bought it and it worked fine for about 8 months when this issue started happening the first time.

They found a fix that seemed to work other than some of the slop issue was still there, they said it was something in the linkage and shouldn't happen again as it probably was just being worked out as it was new. Now here I am trying to get a new yard put in and the curl is acting up for a second time. Anyone else have any issues like this and know of a fix? Is the linkage something that really needs to be adjusted? Thanks

Brian

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue #2  
I had a similar issue.....turned out that the eye bolt connecting the suction line to the main suction pump was loose. Dealer spotted it right away as there was a tiny amount of hydraulic fluid leaking from the connection. Tightened the eye bolt and all was good.

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue
I had a similar issue.....turned out that the eye bolt connecting the suction line to the main suction pump was loose. Dealer spotted it right away as there was a tiny amount of hydraulic fluid leaking from the connection. Tightened the eye bolt and all was good.

Where is the eye bolt located at? I didn't see any fluid leaking.

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue #4  
On my XG3037, the eye bolt goes through the suction line on top of the suction pump on the right side of the engine.

Last edited:
   / XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue #5  
For clarity, an eye bolt is for securing cable or chain. A banjo fitting a type of hydraulic fitting.

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue #6  
For whatever reason, the bolt is described in the service manual as an eye bolt and that is what the tech called it, too. Not sure why as I agree with you.....I think it may be due to the fact that it has a passage (hole) through it.

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue #7  
Or because it was translated from original Korean text.

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue
Thanks, I'll take a loot at it this weekend. Will I see the cable attached to it?

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue #9  
No cable....the suction line (metal pipe/hose) runs across the top of the main suction pump and has a bolt that runs through it (vertically) that attaches it to the pump. Look on top of the suction pump and you will find this hose with the bolt head on top of it. In my situation, this bolt had loosened which allowed the hydraulic pressure to drop causing slow movement and slop. Only a tiny amount of fluid had escaped but it was enough to catch some dust and dirt which is what caught the tech's eye. Tightened the bolt and all was good.

/ XR4150HC Loader Curl Issue #10  
Do you think you could get a picture of it. I'm going to be doing my 50 hour maintenance this coming weekend and I did notice some slowness this past weekend when I was doing a lot of grapple work. The tractor is over an hour away from my house so I can't just go look.