XUV 850D update

/ XUV 850D update #1  

Donegal TDI

Well, my machine is up to 130 hours, still looks like new, but has been working hard. Has been suffering from a mysterious loss of coolant recently.
However, another incident caused me to find the leak.
The starter solenoid stopped working, just getting click, click.
Have one on order, complete assembly, should have it today I hope.
While under the Gator I could see where my coolant was disappearing to. There is a large s shaped coolant pipe running forward under the cab from the engine to the radiator. Where this exits the engine area it was coming into contact with the rubber boot for the 4wd shaft. The rotating boot had cut into the coolant pipe in 3 areas allowing some coolant to seep through. That pipe is on order, should have it today as well.
Other than these incidents, the Gator has performed well.
Very pleased.
Starter solenoid should not have given up at 130 hours though.
But I suppose these things do happen.
No belt issues at all despite horrendous wet weather, mud and heavy loads.

/ XUV 850D update #2  
I will be tearing mine down soon as I have been having some clunking noises and feelings while driving slow. It feels like it slips for a second and kind of clunks. It just started. I have 80 hours....

/ XUV 850D update #3  
Good to hear! Yours is so nice with the glass enclosed cab and all!

/ XUV 850D update
That glass cab is a must have where I live.
Winter time keeps the weather out,
this time of year, summer,
keeps the "midges" out (small biting insects, millions of them in the evening).
Will let you know how the repairs go,
won't get time until Thur evening.
It the starter a straight swap or does it have to be adjusted?
One of the bolt holes seems to allow a degree of movement.

/ XUV 850D update #5  
i got 178 hours on my....had 80 when i got it....

1-belt

1- front wheel bearing

as far as repairs goes......lots of after market goodys.....i'm really happy with mine...and i don't baby it around either.....

/ XUV 850D update #6  
jeeze hitch you went through a bearing already?? it took me almost 5 years and 700 hours of swamp riding with my old hpx to destroy a bearing . you must have some sandy conditions up there huh ?i know my buddies who ride the creeks with their 4 wheelers they run through bearing alot because of the fine sand in the water tears them up.

/ XUV 850D update #7  
I think people are "going through bearnings" and not realizing that the hubs are just loose. I tore mine down this weekend searching for some noise and in process found 3 of the 4 hubs to be loose on my XUV. The tires had harizontal movement when off the ground... I thought bearings at first, till I checked the tension on the hub bolt......

/ XUV 850D update #8  
yea i did notice that when i would regrease all my front ends that i would make sure all my stuff was nice and snug. that little bit of wobble will wear out anything prematurely.