XUV Hub Bearing Issues

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
How many XUV owners are having to replace Hub bearings at low hours. I have 80 hours on mine and I am about to change all 4. I have 2 bad right now. I bought my XUV used with 50 hours on it. A 63 year old owned it. I am pretty sure it was not abused by its looks. Seems odd for these to go out so fast..

I have read they are 15 dollars a peice....

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues #2  
Hmm, we"re approaching 80 hours on our 850D, haven't noticed any problems. What are the symptoms you've noticed?

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues #3  
I'm at 600 hours with no issues, and mine has definitely been abused, or at least worked really hard.

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues #4  
At 300+ hours I have noticed slight play when jacked up but nothing that would warrant either adjustment or replacement yet. What state is yours in ?

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues
It is in Michigan. The XUV is always stored inside and we have no water on our property. I noticed it when I was trying to track down a "bang" noise that was pretty random. You could feel it in the wheel and it was getting fairly consistant.

When jacked up, 2 of the hubs were loose, so I tightened them and thought little of it. The bearings did not sound too bad.

After putting another 5 hours on it, I am starting to get vibrations at around 20mph from the two wheels. I jacked it up and they are loose again. I think I am going to replace all 4. They are sealed so there is no change to grease them.

I know I have read of others on here that had to replace some at low hours.

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues #6  
had to replace my left front with 94 hours on it.....198 now and all the rest are fine.....and i mud and work mine hard.....haul big loads of wood and anything alse that will go in the back....

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues #7  
i had a 04 hpx and it had 700+ hours before one front hub bearing went out.i used to haul heavy stuff and hit some nice mud holes with it but i did wash her down real good after every ride .there is one thing you never wanna do and thats use alot of soap. soap will get into a bearing or any other part and break the grease down and when the grease is no longer there to lube the bearing the bearing goes out.i like to use a pressure washer to clean my stuff with out soap . then i hand wash them after with a little bit of soapy water after that i spray them down with armor-all that way the mud and dirt just washes off instaed of sticking to it. so you can kill a bearing by getting being too dirty and you can also kill a bearing by being to clean with it.

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues
I thought I was one of many that had this issue... I am guessing that I had bad ones from the factory since I do very little with the gator other than farm work. Its only been washed a handfull of times and never with a pressure washer....

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues #9  
From what you are saying, there definitely seems to be an issue.
Replace them for your own safety, maybe dealer might chip in with cost.
In any event, it's not really a disaster,
just an inconvenience.
Good luck and let us know how things go.

/ XUV Hub Bearing Issues
Its not a big deal. Dealer charged me 14.95 each. I have not checked to make sure they are the correct ones, but seem reasonable in price.