Quick Hitches YABB (Yet Another Ballast Box)

/ YABB (Yet Another Ballast Box) #21  
Good job, that's the best one that one that I have seen. Especially the receiver and the compartment on top.
Thanks!:)

Bill
Nice box.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to build a BB that heavy for a 4300. I think mine is around 1500lbs 16 80lb bags of concrete plus the metal. It would certainly help with traction when scooping up dirt from a pine and such.
Thanks!:)...

My BB really weighs 1381 lbs... When I was weighing everything, I wrote it all down on paper in my shop and then put it in my notepad on my laptop... I weighed my HF QH, which is 65 lbs., And somehow got mixed up and included that weight!:)... I need to change it in my signature.

Bill

You might think about rounding/ smoothing off the top inside edge of the pipes. Sharp edges there seem to wear a groove in the wooden handle of tools as they bounce around, & make 'em weaker. Just a little thing to think about, maybe not a big deal.
Thanks for the info'!!!:)

Now I know why a couple of them have a ''ring around them''!!!:D
I wish someone would make a sticky on TBN for a one-source complete list of every ballast box idea members have posted. And there people could post pics of their own ballast box, too, so it's all in one thread.
Yeah, That would be nice!!!:)... It would be easy for members to find them if they was planning to build a BB!

Bill

/ YABB (Yet Another Ballast Box)
Hilltop Hillbilly,
Did you start building your Ballast Box ??:)

Yes, It's well underway. In fact, I dropped it off two days ago to get my free batch of concrete poured into it, and I'll be picking it up today.

I didn't take any photos during construction because I only had a very short time each night to work on it, but I'll take a couple photos of the finished product and post them soon. Maybe today!

Thanks again for all your advice! You'll find it looks similar to yours, but not in JD green. ;-)

HH

/ YABB (Yet Another Ballast Box) #23  
I built my BB last year.. It's 2'x2'x2' and weighs 1,446 lbs. without any tools or chain in it!.. I made it to fit my HF Quick-Hitch!

I put 6 pipes to hold rakes etc', chain and I put in a large PVC pipe to hold my chainsaw!... I also made a ''storage box'' so I can put small items in it like wrenches and other tools!... And I put a hitch on the back so I can pull trailers!:)

Here's a few pictures...(I do have pictures of the whole build)

Bill

Love it! Great job! :thumbsup:

/ YABB (Yet Another Ballast Box) #24  
SPAM reported

/ YABB (Yet Another Ballast Box) #27  
Thanks for keeping an eye out, Roy. It is people like You that make this TBN such an enjoyable forum to be on. Thanks again.

Tom