Yamaha UMAX: blurring the line between UTVs and golf carts

/ Yamaha UMAX: blurring the line between UTVs and golf carts
   / Yamaha UMAX: blurring the line between UTVs and golf carts #12  
4X4? Diesel or Kawasaki-powered?
I want one.
Mine's a diesel (2030 model) -they come both ways (2020 models are gas & new ones fuel injected).
They come 4x4 but mine is not (still looking for a front axle & driveshaft though).
Has a mechanical locking differential & with the R4 tires so long as you have something relatively heavy in the bed it doesn't get stuck unless you do something stupid. I generally don't use it in the snow though.
5 speed manual trans, hydraulic dump, and rear hydraulic remotes.
With the heavy duty spring package the payload is something ridiculous well north of 3k lbs.

/ Yamaha UMAX: blurring the line between UTVs and golf carts #13  
What I really want is a mini dump. Just big enough to take the bucket so I can load dirt, then dump. And all these carts and hybrids are just on the small side. I want a slightly longer wheel base and maybe a 5x5' dumping bed so I can do sand, gravel, dirt, etc. But I want it to be electric. I don't need 100 mile range and i don't have that many hills.

/ Yamaha UMAX: blurring the line between UTVs and golf carts #14  
What I really want is a mini dump. Just big enough to take the bucket so I can load dirt, then dump. And all these carts and hybrids are just on the small side. I want a slightly longer wheel base and maybe a 5x5' dumping bed so I can do sand, gravel, dirt, etc. But I want it to be electric. I don't need 100 mile range and i don't have that many hills.

They've got some interesting chi-com stuff like that on Alibaba

Example:

Last edited:
What I really want is a mini dump. Just big enough to take the bucket so I can load dirt, then dump. And all these carts and hybrids are just on the small side.
The mini-dumptruck use is what makes these Pro Gators and Toro Workmen so attractive. They put the driver way up front, so they can fit enormous dump beds with dual hyd cylinders for dumping. Payload on the Toro I have here is over 2000#. Kubota does not do that with the RTVs.

Followers of my projects already know about my Suzuki Samurai dumptruck. I have put as much as a ton of dirt in it, but it can "wheelie" when going up a slope. BTDT. The 4x4 is really necessary, and the Toro I have here (waiting on trannie repair) is only 2wd.

Also, I had a Gator 4x6 here while I rebuilt the engine. It comes with an optional electric dump, but it is kinda wimpy. Hydraulc is the way to go, and 2 cyls is great.

The title says 2x4 and 4x4, but the listing shows only 2x4 models. Otherwise, the costs could be less than 1/10 of a Pro Gator.

/ Yamaha UMAX: blurring the line between UTVs and golf carts #17  
The title says 2x4 and 4x4, but the listing shows only 2x4 models. Otherwise, the costs could be less than 1/10 of a Pro Gator.
Also some tracked models using a 1 cylinder diesel:

Probably needs its own thread

/ Yamaha UMAX: blurring the line between UTVs and golf carts #18  

Example:
That is really tempting but I expect freight to be as much as the unit itself. Still, 5k is probably decent. But I've heard and seen less than great things about chinese no-name batteries.