Tractor Sizing yanmar 1500d

/ yanmar 1500d #11  
guess i will be the guinia pig i will let you guys know thanks men
Looks like nobody can provide the answer so you are stuck doing the original research.

Here's a start for the research. These ag tire reference books list the rolling diameter of the original YM1500D tires, and the diameter of what you might buy as replacements to maintain the same front/back ratio.

goodyear farm tire data book - Google Search

Please post what you learn! :thumbsup:

PS for anyone else interested: The Goodyear book also has charts showing the weight of water ballast for various size ag tires.

/ yanmar 1500d #12  
These are the sizes I switched to on a 1610D and have had no problems in two plus years now.

Stock tires: (Bridgestone)

8.3x22 = 113 inches RC, OD = 37.5 inches, rim width = 7 inches
5x14 = 72 inches RC, OD = 23.8 inches, rim width = 4 inches

wide tires: (Titan)

12.4 x16 = 106 inches RC, OD = 37.6 inches, rim width = 11 inches
23x8.5x12 = 69 inches RC, OD = 23.1 inches, rim width = 7 inches

Last edited:
   / yanmar 1500d #13  
This are the sizes I switched to on a 1610D and have had no problems in two plus years now.

Stock tires: (Bridgestone)

8.3x22 = 113 inches RC, OD = 37.5 inches, rim width = 7 inches
5x14 = 72 inches RC, OD = 23.8 inches, rim width = 4 inches

wide tires: (Titan)

12.4 x16 = 106 inches RC, OD = 37.6 inches, rim width = 11 inches
23x8.5x12 = 69 inches RC, OD = 23.1 inches, rim width = 7 inches

For what it is worth if your front to rear ratio on your 1610 was the same as a ym220 (1.603) your stock tire ratio would have been 2.138, wide tire ratio would be 4.346. Still within tolerance. Haven't a clue what the 1610 front to rear ratio actually is.

Not sure this Firestone lead/lag instruction will come over but will try. http://www.firestoneag.com/webres/File/Tire-Info/TireInfo-LeadLag.pdf

Last edited:
   / yanmar 1500d
turns out winston1 was right contacted titan tire enginer he said he needs tractor ratio gave him factory tire sizes he said not good enough take or give 1-5% but needed tractor ratio to see if yanmar is on top or bottom of this scale does anyone know this ratio

/ yanmar 1500d #16  
The 1500d and 1610d use the same tires so I would assume the front to rear ratio would be the same. Assuming the rolling circumference on the tires Ritchieb listed is correct for original Yanmar tires you can use 1.603 as a ratio and go through the formula and your front tire lead would come out at 2.138 which is very close to the middle of the desired range. The 1.603 ratio is what is given in the ym220 manual. Different tires completely.

Having babbled all that, what I am sort of suggesting is to use 1.603 as the ratio to use. Is it correct? I don't know. Is it close? I'm guessing it is.

To get the correct ratio you are going to need to find a us sold yanmar using the same size tires and get the ratio out of that manual. I have not been able to find any such animal. Also doubting the grey information is available unless you found it in a Japanese manual.

Take all I have said lightly, mostly just my opinion based on a little research.