Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it?

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #31  
I had that Manual on a old zip drive. And just happened to find it. Get your Reg. Dyno/Alt going. Rewire/check that circuit. The Starter and solenoid didn't match. But Hoye does have a pic. of them and the solenoid looks the same so you should be Okay there. From my parts book and Hoye's parts every thing matches up the same :thumbsup: The Dyno. Alt. Regulator. Key switch are the same. Starter Solenoid just because it not the exact one for some reason from the looks it wires the same so your good there. Get those circuits checked rewired etc. and you got it. Plus now you have a Wire Dia. and manual so it shows how they wire. Big+...........

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #32  
As I have never in person seen a US model Yanmar tractor of this vintage, my only concern on using a wiring diagram for an Japanese model, would be US specifications that may not have been included on the non US models.
Again the Japanese YM’s electrical are straight forward enough that if comfortable with 70’s and even early 80’s automotive wiring, you should have no trouble following the wires and making needed repairs.
I encourage replacement of any wires that seem to have issues for several reasons. These wires are largely not protected beyond the insulation on the wire (no looms for the most part). And any wire that has been exposed to excessive heat has an increase in resistance.

Having expressed the concern on the US model diagrams, they are still the best guides we have.
Also you might wish to purchase the manuals offered by Hoye.
Again you can do it with just basic knowledge of 12 volt electrical circuits.
If you hit spots you have questions about, ask questions here and if you can post pictures.

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #33  
Your good Very common for Hoye and even Fredricks to have to use the closest manual to the model you need it for. I already spent my time and checked everything. Call Hoye or even Fredricks if you may not be sure. These wiring Harnesses are so Open It's very unlikely that you don't see a problem with Burn/broken wire. All you have to do is give them a call and see what they have to offer. But in this case there's almost no doubt the manual works and is the same. Now if somebody wth 52yrs. experience they say and been in the wiring and has changed something then that's another problem to straighten out. Anyone can Blah Blah Blah Talk about all the experience that have on something else say a car which is a whole and almost totally different. A Dyno on a car for instance I have to go and do some things and think if I ever recall having one on a car A few people know how long I've been around Vehicles. The Yanmar roll over problem would be a good one back then. My Father and mother for that matter even my aunt that worked at the court house then. Check it out if any doubt what you have to work with and you can take it to the bank that if there was a problem with it you would have heard it by now . You have things to do now so will talk to you later.......

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #34  
Chris1900, if you want any help from me ask it of me. Otherwise since a differing opinion is now a reason to make personal attacks towards others, I shall bow out of this topic.
Shame others feel that way. Personally, I never knew things had to be done one way only, but apparently I have been taught wring on that score.
Perhaps doing it wrong also!

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it?
Update, I have removed the tape from the wires that were under the console. I traced the wires from the 5amp fuse and the dummy lights/gauges. No sign of damage or defective wires. I decided to tape everything back up and move on since the tractor runs fine. I am waiting on an hour meter cable to arrive and will reattach the sheet metal. If the problem is magically fixed when I start it back up so be it. If not, I will add an aftermarket temperature gauge and continue on. Thank you all for helping me along.

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #36  
Update, I have removed the tape from the wires that were under the console. I traced the wires from the 5amp fuse and the dummy lights/gauges. No sign of damage or defective wires. I decided to tape everything back up and move on since the tractor runs fine. I am waiting on an hour meter cable to arrive and will reattach the sheet metal. If the problem is magically fixed when I start it back up so be it. If not, I will add an aftermarket temperature gauge and continue on. Thank you all for helping me along.

I went back and looked at the original post. There you had a pictured posted of your voltage regulator with the wire harness connection with 1 melted contact. It is possible that your problem may be internal to the regulator. Or it could be that the connection inside that connector provided too great of resistance. Prior to replacing the regulator, I would do the following and I would probably bypass that wire connection within that connector if the following shows no issues.
However, I strongly suggest you trace the wire on the other end of that connector to ensure that it is in good condition.
Yes that encompasses many factors but start with a good close visual inspection. If anything hints at failing this, replace that wire. If visual inspection does not reveal any issues, do a resistance test on that wire using a multimeter. (There are youtube videos that explain this if you are not sure how to do this). A wire that has gotten hot will have greater resistance. Compare it to a wire of the same gauge and same length if it provides anything but no resistance.
Wiring issues are not complicated, but can be elusive.
Good luck!

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #37  
I went back and looked at the original post. There you had a pictured posted of your voltage regulator with the wire harness connection with 1 melted contact. It is possible that your problem may be internal to the regulator. Or it could be that the connection inside that connector provided too great of resistance. Prior to replacing the regulator, I would do the following and I would probably bypass that wire connection within that connector if the following shows no issues.
However, I strongly suggest you trace the wire on the other end of that connector to ensure that it is in good condition.
Yes that encompasses many factors but start with a good close visual inspection. If anything hints at failing this, replace that wire. If visual inspection does not reveal any issues, do a resistance test on that wire using a multimeter. (There are youtube videos that explain this if you are not sure how to do this). A wire that has gotten hot will have greater resistance. Compare it to a wire of the same gauge and same length if it provides anything but no resistance.
Wiring issues are not complicated, but can be elusive.
Good luck!

I would agree with Coy here.

One item to add, electrical gets faulty should the terminal crimp to the wire isn't solid. Thus, the terminal on that wire in a connector can go bad. Old school is, when re-building the wire connection to the terminal, place a tiny bit of solder to leak into the crimped area. I've had vehicle over the years that the wire-terminal in the connector went bad and NOT the vehicle PCM/ECM (computer). Fixed the wire contact to the terminal and all the electrical gremlins went away.

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #38  
Щиро вітаю!
У мене така ж проблема на тракторі. Чим закінчилися пошуки причини несправності?

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #39  
Щиро вітаю!
У мене така ж проблема на тракторі. Чим закінчилися пошуки причини несправності?
відповідь була згадана тут, #35

Він зняв скотч з проводів, які були під панеллю консолі.
Потім простежте дроти від 5-амперного запобіжника та тьмяних лампочок/датчиків.
Не було жодних ознак пошкодження або несправних проводів.
Вирішив заклеїти проводку скотчем і рухатися далі, оскільки трактор працює добре.
Замовив новий кабель-лічильник годин. Чекаю на прибуття посилки і прикріплю.
Якщо проблему чарівним чином усунути при запуску трактора, то залишиться в спокої.
В іншому випадку я додам датчик температури після продажу. Дякую всім за допомогу.

(y)

Ви також можете задати питання тут. ;) Не впевнений, чи будуть гарні відповіді. :unsure:

/ Yanmar 1601d electrical repairs worth it? #40  
Щиро вітаю!
:) YM1601 Електрична принципова схема

технічне / запчастини керівництво

1708904949062.png