Loader Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #1  

jastone

Tractor
Yanmar 1700
I just got a Yanmar 1700 and so far I love this little tractor. The only problem is that I want to add a loader to it. Do I have to get a yanmar loader or will any compact tractor loader fit with modifications for attachment?

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #2  
Re: Yanmar 1700 Loader question

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Mounting brackets will be the main concern. I doubt there are that many manufacturers that have that for a Yanmar 1700. I would think Koyker and Coldwater Tractors would be your best bet. However, after googling some I cannot find Coldwater Tractor's web sight. Wondering if they have closed their doors??

Assuming you are two wheel drive based on your post. Just my personal experience. Unless you are going to be using it for light work you would be much better off with 4 wheel drive. I would think you could sell the tractor, then purchase a 4 wheel drive with loader just about as cheap as trying to add one you yours. Just something to think on.

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #3  
i havent seen coldwater post here in awhile. But he did get agrivated at some people posts toward him awhile back.

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #4  
Coldwater is still there. I talked to them not long ago and they were just tired of keeping up the website. Both Coldwater & Koyker have bolt on kits for the YM1700.

A 2wd YM1700 with a loader is certainly better than a shovel but not by as much as you might think.

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #5  
Coldwater is still there. I talked to them not long ago and they were just tired of keeping up the website. Both Coldwater & Koyker have bolt on kits for the YM1700.

A 2wd YM1700 with a loader is certainly better than a shovel but not by as much as you might think.

Off the subject Aaron, but what is the PSI of your RC-28 radiator cap?

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #6  
kind of like a loader on a ford 9n.. handy, but not as handy as you'd like. :)

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #7  

Yes, I also heard the same thing about Coldwater. A while ago, I spoke with the owner. He was very friendly, accommodating and a pleasure to talk with. He will steer you in the right direction at a much lower cost than the others.

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion
I don't really need the loader for much so not too worried about it being a 2wd (I hate shovels). I could most likely make mounting brackets if that is the only problem, I just wanted to make sure that mounting brackets would be the only problem.

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #9  
Since Coldwater is still around I suspect that would be the most economical new loader you will find, more economical than many used ones, plus ready to bolt on.

/ Yanmar 1700 Loader quetion #10  
The FEL on my 1700 has been much more use than a shovel, I wouldn't think of moving 4 bales of wheat straw with using a shovel,or a dozen cender blocks, or perhaps moving and lifting a window A/C unit over head, :D the list is endless of what task can be done with even a small FEL, Iv'e actually done a bit of digging as well, ;)
You'll use it and find it's limitation, I'm not sure if a bolt on kit has designed into it the ability to tie the Front, Middle and Rear section of the tractor together, This is where my concern was, Being sure not to break the tractor in half, reason being.. when having a FEL you will also need to Ballast the weight by adding weight to the rear,

I use a Box scrape with added hang on weights,
Another weak point of a 1700 is the front spindles, and so I hear can be upgraded, although in my opinion the upgrade's are no more heavier duty then the OEM ones, perhaps maybe heavier duty then the available after market replacements, Testimony to the replacements, I replaced one due to breaking one on my 1700, I had been using the FEL for more than 5 years with no problems, when one day while backing up with a level load of Georgia red clay, turning sharp to the left the right spindle snapped off, I ordered the replacement thinking well if the OEM has last this long I should maybe get the same from the aftermarket, NOT!

When after installing the aftermarket replacement and using it for the first time with just a little more weight than the loader itself, maybe 50 lb's more, ( load of rotten apples) I notice the wheel leaning inward, indicating the spindle had already bent and just under the FEL weight itself, + 50 lbs.

Certainly less superior than the OEM one it had replaced,:cool: incidentally: the left side ( OEM ) spindle is still working fine, as for the replacement, I heat it up and was able to straighten it with a torch, but again it re-bent, atleast hasn't broken:thumbsup:

So Yes! I agree our ym 1700 are great little tractors and can be excelled to do many task when adding a FEL , but first be sure to reinforce the weak points of this tractor before adding a FEL or things will break,