Yanmar 186D broken shaft

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft #81  
The tractor is repainted and I have no idea which parts are original or maybe put together form other tractors.
On the inside of the dashboard there's still the lime green color.

Here are some pic's:

Just enough rebuild for a test drive earlier:
View attachment 680445

This one is last summer:
View attachment 680446

I do have the parts manual which is available on internet.
In the meantime also got a service manual, but it is incomplete.
Doesn't cover the electrical parts and some other sections.

Your Yanmar is not an early green. It's painted JD green. So, with that said, you actually own a YanDeere YD186D :laughing:

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft
Your Yanmar is not an early green. It's painted JD green. So, with that said, you actually own a YanDeere YD186D :laughing:

A John Deere having red rims haha :)

The green is by far not like JD, the chassis is black, JD chassis supposed to be green as well.

I think our tractor is more like a Yameleon :laughing:

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft #85  
A John Deere having red rims haha :)

The green is by far not like JD, the chassis is black, JD chassis supposed to be green as well.

I think our tractor is more like a Yameleon :laughing:

Back around 2006 or so, on this forum, a person coined the term YanDeere.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-buying-pricing/100677-anyone-heard-yandeere.html
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/77913-moving-20-container.html#post866159
The earliest post of the term on the web from what I could find.

IMG_1397.JPG
YM2610grn.jpg
DSCN0249.jpg
yandeere ym1500. 02JPG.jpg
Yanmar.jpg
yandeere ym1500.JPG

A funny YanDeere The YanDeere by Dorami : geometrydash
dc5man8rjju31.png

On an anime site, YanGirl posted this: :p
foxworthy_san_by_therockinstallion_da90bv7-fullview.jpg

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft #86  
Back around 2006 or so, on this forum, a person coined the term YanDeere.
How bout a YanBota?

My rear tires and rims are apparently Kubota dealer take-offs, larger than what should be on there. And the backhoe was sold as OEM by both Yanmar and Kubota. Mine is in Kubota colors. So the YM240 is part way to hybrid. See my sig pic, below.

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft
Wahaa lots of fun! Not really the color combinations you would expect :)

Today I removed all the unnecessary wires, removed al the tape and other stuff.
Everything works except....
My ignition switch is different.
The fusebox is only powered in the ON position.

Based on the schematics I guess the fusebox should be powered in the ON, TS and Crank position.

Anybody here who knows?

Also put the alternator back and tested the AC voltage on it (running engine), sadly it is 0.0
Tested the resistance, almost 0, also beep.
So maybe shortage inside the coil?
Or does anyone have an other explanation?

I got the service manual for a ym276 free from internet, it is more complete compared to the one I have for the ym186 and there is a lot of common items.

EDIT:

Thermostart plug is connected on 2 terminals at the key switch, for what reason? High current?

Last edited:
   / Yanmar 186D broken shaft #88  
Wahaa lots of fun! Not really the color combinations you would expect :)

I got the service manual for a ym276 free from internet, it is more complete compared to the one I have for the ym186 and there is a lot of common items.

EDIT:

Thermostart plug is connected on 2 terminals at the key switch, for what reason? High current?

That's the TS in the ignition key setting. Why 2 wires?

You only have a partial storybook with the YM276 book. It would have some similar general items, but not exactly explicit.

I can make mention that both California and myself along with many others have not been able to turn up a YM186 service manual. :rolleyes:
We do have a recent addition from the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on GIO. I'll add it here too. Just maybe, with these manuals, you could draw some conclusion how things should have been on the machine.

YANMAR YM135 YM155 YM240 YM330 ELECTRICAL MANUAL.pdf

Next to hydraulics, the electrical schematics tends to be the most sought after item to troubleshoot.

Over at Jensales, this is shown. Would this actually be the right electrical schematic in image-4 for a YM186? Not sure.
Yanmar YM186 Tractor Parts Manual
Even in my image enhancer, one can now make out most of the English.
Yanmar YM186 maybe (2).jpg

Attachments

• YANMAR YM135 YM155 YM240 YM330 ELECTRICAL MANUAL.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 45
   / Yanmar 186D broken shaft #89  
both California and myself along with many others have not been able to turn up a YM186 service manual.
True. No downloadable pdf exists so far as I can find. Closest is the incomplete CD/download on Ebay that is just engine and driveline. But that one lacks electrics, hydraulics, and ???.

Here's an original authentic YM186 Service Manual on Ebay but its offered at $187!
Yanmar YM186 & YM186D Tractor Shop Service Repair Manual | eBay

I have the Hoye reprint of that one. I don't know if its still offered.

/ Yanmar 186D broken shaft #90  
That's the TS in the ignition key setting. Why 2 wires?

You only have a partial storybook with the YM276 book. It would have some similar general items, but not exactly explicit.

I can make mention that both California and myself along with many others have not been able to turn up a YM186 service manual. :rolleyes:
We do have a recent addition from the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on GIO. I'll add it here too. Just maybe, with these manuals, you could draw some conclusion how things should have been on the machine.

YANMAR YM135 YM155 YM240 YM330 ELECTRICAL MANUAL.pdf

Next to hydraulics, the electrical schematics tends to be the most sought after item to troubleshoot.

Over at Jensales, this is shown. Would this actually be the right electrical schematic in image-4 for a YM186? Not sure.
Yanmar YM186 Tractor Parts Manual
Even in my image enhancer, one can now make out most of the English.
View attachment 680590

Pretty sure that is the same diagram I attached in post #60, yours may be plainer.