Yanmar 240

/ Yanmar 240 #1  

brad82830

Tractor
yanmar 240
I need some replacement parts for my yanmar steering gear box, this winter while blowing snow it got diffficult to steer and was really hard to turn, My guess is water got into the gear box and froze because I saw oil dippingout from under the steering box earlier in the earlier this past winter. IT finally broke and the wheel spinns , took apart the steering colomn and havent tore it completely out yet, but was wondering if the replacement parts are hard to find and costs. Trying to do thing myself???:confused2:

/ Yanmar 240 #2  
There is a Yanmar-specific forum here at tractorbynet, with loads of good people and great information. You may try there.

Hoye tractor, as well as LMTC, and Sheaffer along with some others I can't think of offhand have excellent reputations for parts availability and customer service. Hoye in particular has a very quick interface; on their website; the others do excellent work over the phone. There are new boxes available for the YM240, or the individual parts themselves.

Parts are available and reasonably priced, though they can seem expensive. Since they should last at least another 30 years, it seems pretty reasonable. Make sure you have a dust cover on the center of the steering wheel. I have read water can leak through there, down the steering shaft into the box.