Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop

/ Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #1  

tewks

Tractor
Yanmar 336D
I inherited a yanmar 336d that I've been working on. The powershift lever on the dash has the holes worn oblong where it connects to the shaft that goes down to the linkage.
What is the recommended way to fix this? If there are previous threads on this, I can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance...

/ Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #2  
Is the dash linkage same as this one on the smaller YM186D?
Seems to me that's a project to take to a welding shop to replace the missing material then drill a new, snug hole. Then good as new.
Or you might be able to weld a thick washer on each side to provide snug holes. I'm cheap, that's what I would do, and expect maybe a thousand hours use before the washers needed to be replaced.

20200906_121205-1-powershiftshifter-jpg.668830

Last edited:
   / Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #3  
I inherited a yanmar 336d that I've been working on. The powershift lever on the dash has the holes worn oblong where it connects to the shaft that goes down to the linkage.
What is the recommended way to fix this? If there are previous threads on this, I can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance...
I have new shift levers in stock, they are not very much,if you want to start with a brand new one, send me a P.M. for the price.

/ Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #4  
Please tell me, what does the spring actually do except from just sitting there?
I don't ever see mine under any tension.

/ Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #6  
Please tell me, what does the spring actually do except from just sitting there?
I don't ever see mine under any tension.
The spring pulls the handle down into the neutral position when you go there.
If you lift the handle up and let go it should pull the shift handle all the way down.
If not, replace the spring.

/ Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #7  
I have new shift levers in stock, they are not very much,if you want to start with a brand new one, send me a P.M. for the price.
Gary, can you get the plastic cover - that is missing in my photo above?

/ Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #8  
Gary, can you get the plastic cover - that is missing in my photo above?
Sorry California, that part is No Longer Available from Yanmar.
Hoye lists it but they don'y have any.
It is part no. 194170-27340.

/ Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #9  
Sorry California, that part is No Longer Available from Yanmar.
Hoye lists it but they don't have any.
It is part no. 194170-27340.
If someone took an existing cover, measured it all up to 3D model into FreeCAD or Solidworks, the part can be made for a few dollars on a home 3D printer.

/ Yanmar 336d powershift lever slop #10  
If someone took an existing cover, measured it all up to 3D model into FreeCAD or Solidworks, the part can be made for a few dollars on a home 3D printer.
Are these covers all the same on all the powershift shifters small through larger tractors ? Almost think there'd be a small market for them.