yanmar 336dtire help

/ yanmar 336dtire help #1  

hdwrench1

Tractor
yanmar336d
original tire bridgestone 13.6x26 (ag style) is dry rotted and split open . tread is very good i’d say 1” or deep . it’s inflated overall height is about 48” tall . local tire shop found me a replacement, it a speedway tire “gripking “ and is a nice replacement, BUT is 51” tall ((mounted and inflated) . first question is is it mechanically safe to run this tire , which is plus 3” tall on my tractor . i was surprised on overall measurement and was considering buying a second tire but not sure it’s ok to run without damage to tractor internals… help !

/ yanmar 336dtire help
second question- will the taller tire adversely effect the torque of tractor?

/ yanmar 336dtire help
pics of tires on tractor for comparison…

Attachments

• 28AA3E6D-264C-4D1E-89EF-7EEABF40BF8D.jpeg
    28AA3E6D-264C-4D1E-89EF-7EEABF40BF8D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • F74C1EE2-D00A-43E8-AA8A-B0F28A839C58.jpeg
    F74C1EE2-D00A-43E8-AA8A-B0F28A839C58.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
   / yanmar 336dtire help #4  
original tire bridgestone 13.6x26 (ag style) is dry rotted and split open . tread is very good i’d say 1” or deep . it’s inflated overall height is about 48” tall . local tire shop found me a replacement, it a speedway tire “gripking “ and is a nice replacement, BUT is 51” tall ((mounted and inflated) . first question is is it mechanically safe to run this tire , which is plus 3” tall on my tractor . i was surprised on overall measurement and was considering buying a second tire but not sure it’s ok to run without damage to tractor internals… help !
NOT mechanically safe. It will overwork the differential in 2 and 4wd, and will also create some serious torsional stress i.e. "shaft windup" in the gear and driveshafts when you are in 4WD.

Replace with a pair of matched rear tires and check the tire catalogue specs to make sure the new ones have the same "loaded circumference" as the tires they are replacing.
That requirement is not peculiar to Yanmars, it goes for every sub, compact, and utility 4wd tractor on the market - and most of the full size ag tractors as well.

Our tractors are 4wd Assist; they are Not Full Time 4wd.
good luck...BTW, nice tractor. We had a YM336D and wish it was still here.

rScotty

/ yanmar 336dtire help
thank you r scotty i agree ! also talked w gary jamison today and he concurred totally ! i have a couple of 336d , love the tractor…. gotta keep her purring ….

/ yanmar 336dtire help #6  
I agree with rScotty always make sure tires match so you
stay on a level keel

willy

/ yanmar 336dtire help
does anyone know of a replacement ag tread tire that measures overall 48” tall mounted and inflated ? proper replacement for a yanmar 336d ….the existing tire i’m trying to replace calls out -13.6-26 , there is only 2 numbers on original tire and the replacement from speedway tire (mfg)

Last edited:
   / yanmar 336dtire help #8  
does anyone know of a replacement ag tread tire that measures overall 48” tall mounted and inflated ? proper replacement for a yanmar 336d ….the existing tire i’m trying to replace calls out -13.6-26 , there is only 2 numbers on original tire and the replacement from speedway tire (mfg)
Tall isn't what you want. You need to find a tire catalogue for the original tire and look up the spec called "rolling circumference". You can also measure your existing rolling circumference.
Then go to tire catalogues for existing tires where you can always find that spec listed and choose a tire that is the same or real close.

/ yanmar 336dtire help
i got you , tall does not = rolling circumference, ….

/ yanmar 336dtire help
and thank you all for your help …