Yanmar CBL40

/ Yanmar CBL40 #11  
I own A CBL 40 , got it new in 2007 and put 300 hrs on it. so far its bullet proof, no problem. Only thing that worries me is getting part and any work done by a dealer who has some experiance working on them

/ Yanmar CBL40 #12  
Any one have an idea what youshould pay for a used Yanmar CBL 40 with about 600 hours, includes backhoe. Year 2006. I have a 2001 New Holland TC 35 with out backhoe, and was offered 13k for mine having 850 hours on it, but it is Mint condition. Then come up with another 12 K to purchase this Yanmar. Im still conteplating this offer. Any comments, seems a bit much but it is more tractor in many ways. This would be more of a want than a need, but when you have a backhoe , I can learn to make more money with it I suppose.

I was thinking of trading mine and the kabota dealer offer me 25 k if that helps

/ Yanmar CBL40 #13  
I just picked up my Yanmar CBL 40 and am getting work done to it by putting hydraulics to the front and looking for a 12 inch bucket for backhoe. I have checked this machine out for quite some time and got real lucky finding a great deal in OHIO at Paint Valley Equipment. I picked this CBL 40 up with only 34 hours on it. Full Warranty for $28K :) After many comments like yours about this machine being bullet proof and Powerful, I had to upgrade. So I have a dealer here in Woodbury CT, that works on the machine that I trust. I think that is a big thing, knowing you can trust the work and how they treat your Tractor/ and you of course. Being they are a discontinued machine, I have only heard that they might be coming back due to the awesome feedback and the disapointed that their discontinued. My dealer assured me not to worry about parts and service buying it. So I feel pretty good. Good luck

/ Yanmar CBL40 #14  
Congrads! I paid 40k for my machine! I think you got a good deal, you wont be dissapointed.
I just picked up my Yanmar CBL 40 and am getting work done to it by putting hydraulics to the front and looking for a 12 inch bucket for backhoe. I have checked this machine out for quite some time and got real lucky finding a great deal in OHIO at Paint Valley Equipment. I picked this CBL 40 up with only 34 hours on it. Full Warranty for $28K :) After many comments like yours about this machine being bullet proof and Powerful, I had to upgrade. So I have a dealer here in Woodbury CT, that works on the machine that I trust. I think that is a big thing, knowing you can trust the work and how they treat your Tractor/ and you of course. Being they are a discontinued machine, I have only heard that they might be coming back due to the awesome feedback and the disapointed that their discontinued. My dealer assured me not to worry about parts and service buying it. So I feel pretty good. Good luck

/ Yanmar CBL40 #16  
Hey California,
I use my tractor for my Tree Service, mainly lifting and removing wood, we also use for clean ups, and there are times we cant drive the bucket truck in back yard but can blow the Chips in the woods, so the Tractor can pull the Chipper and move around pretty easy. I have a root rake grapple on the front that makes quick and easy work on jobs. Now having this Yanmar with the backhoe, I will be finding more ways to earn $$$$. digging holes for electrical , drianage, or sonitubes to build forms, post hole digger, pull out roots of trees stumps ext... Patio walkways , digging with a machine make so much easier work on us getting old guys! LOL

/ Yanmar CBL40 #17  
What do you guys use these for?
I am a large acrage owner, 275,so I use mine for lots of jobs, in BH mode I maitian my ditches on my 600 meter long drive and draining problem areas on the property. In Tractor mode 3PH, I bush hog, maintaine my driveway with a landscape rake and box scraper and living in canada I put a blade on the front and a 72" blower on the back for snow removal. I also do the odd job around town for some extra $.

/ Yanmar CBL40 #18  
I bought a used CBL-40 a couple years ago and have never cleaned/changed the hydraulic filters. I have a user manual and a repair manual but neither shows the procedure for changing the hydraulic filters for which I think there are 3 of them but I can't locate them with confidence since I've never worked on hydraulics. Nobody nearby knows anything about this model. I wish someone could post a youtube video showing the location of these filters and describing the procedure or something...or if one of you that have one could post some pictures of the filter locations and describe the procedure that would be awesome...

/ Yanmar CBL40 #19  
I bought a used CBL-40 a couple years ago and have never cleaned/changed the hydraulic filters. I have a user manual and a repair manual but neither shows the procedure for changing the hydraulic filters for which I think there are 3 of them but I can't locate them with confidence since I've never worked on hydraulics. Nobody nearby knows anything about this model. I wish someone could post a youtube video showing the location of these filters and describing the procedure or something...or if one of you that have one could post some pictures of the filter locations and describe the procedure that would be awesome...
Hi Jason, unfortunately i dont have a manual anymore however I believe that you only need to change the fluid and filters ever 1000 hours, how many have you put on the machine? If your not switching implements a lot I wouldn't be to concerned unless you bought it with tons of hours and your unsure the previous owner maintained it...

/ Yanmar CBL40 #20  
Hi Jason, unfortunately i dont have a manual anymore however I believe that you only need to change the fluid and filters ever 1000 hours, how many have you put on the machine? If your not switching implements a lot I wouldn't be to concerned unless you bought it with tons of hours and your unsure the previous owner maintained it...

Hi AvidPulp,

I don't now how many hours, it was advertised at 3021 and it remains at 3021 two years later. I think something is wrong with the signal from the alternator. So I don't know how many hours I put on it or the real hours on it when I bought it.
I have a user manual but it says to take it to a professional to change the hydraulic filters. I have a repair manual that shows schematics and I see 3 filters in that diagram. It doesn't seem to point out the exact location nor the procedure. It's not an easy manual to follow, it doesn't have an index either.

Thank you for your response.