Yanmar Diesel Fuel Bowl

/ Yanmar Diesel Fuel Bowl #1  

bmaverick

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2610 ■YANMAR GURU■ EXTRAORDINAIRE
Since late summer, I took apart the fuel bowl and filter. My what a clump of junk at the bottom of the fuel bowl (cup). The trouble is, I did order the correct filters, just that my machine came with the short fuel bowl and not the long size for my machine.

Out on the web, there are places that still have the Fredricks Parts Catalogs. I made sure to snag them because it's a great resource to know what parts corr reference to other Yanmar models and engines. Likewise, I know the fuel bowl fits many machines. Yet, I'm puzzled at the shorter bowl and not knowing what machines it went on. LOL

1635907392252.png

Now, shopping online can be a bit harder as most sites' don't mention the overall dimensions of these fuel bowl, filters and o-rings.

I have the tall filters from Hoye. Fredricks FB-9155 is the size I need because the FX42 is in both filter and fuel bowl for size. It would make sense. Yet - - -

When looking, it's the short fuel bowl.
https://fredricksequipment.com/product/fuel-bowl-fb-9155

When looking for right one it's
fredricksequipment.com/product/fuel-bowl-long-fb-1254

Hoye calls it HFB-2. But no dimensions to say if it's the short or long fuel bowl. hmmmm
So if I want to order from Hoye, would I get a short fuel bowl or a tall long one? That is the question.

/ Yanmar Diesel Fuel Bowl #2  
Since late summer, I took apart the fuel bowl and filter. My what a clump of junk at the bottom of the fuel bowl (cup). The trouble is, I did order the correct filters, just that my machine came with the short fuel bowl and not the long size for my machine.

Out on the web, there are places that still have the Fredricks Parts Catalogs. I made sure to snag them because it's a great resource to know what parts corr reference to other Yanmar models and engines. Likewise, I know the fuel bowl fits many machines. Yet, I'm puzzled at the shorter bowl and not knowing what machines it went on. LOL

View attachment 719496

Now, shopping online can be a bit harder as most sites' don't mention the overall dimensions of these fuel bowl, filters and o-rings.

I have the tall filters from Hoye. Fredricks FB-9155 is the size I need because the FX42 is in both filter and fuel bowl for size. It would make sense. Yet - - -

When looking, it's the short fuel bowl.
https://fredricksequipment.com/product/fuel-bowl-fb-9155

When looking for right one it's
fredricksequipment.com/product/fuel-bowl-long-fb-1254

Hoye calls it HFB-2. But no dimensions to say if it's the short or long fuel bowl. hmmmm
So if I want to order from Hoye, would I get a short fuel bowl or a tall long one? That is the question.
I just use the part numbers for the long filter that I need. I use the wix or carquest number and buy them when I need them. The last ones I got off rock auto. Used the wix number and added a few closeout WIX filters to my order for a few dollars apiece.

If you order from Hoye you will receive the long one as that is the correct filter for your application. If they have the small filter I'm sure it would note that it's the small filter since that's not the standard filter. Many of these old diesel's (especially Japanese) and small diesels have the same size bowl and these cups will interchange.