Yanmar F15D New Owner would like some help.

/ Yanmar F15D New Owner would like some help.
jimmer2880 said:
I picked up an F16d last summer and absolutely love it. I put a Koyker 80 FEL and Power steering on it this fall. It's a great, tough little tractor. Can't beat the turning radius either.

If you take a picture of your dash & post it, I'll mark it up for you tomorrow night with what is what.

BTW - I think you got a great deal. I paid $5,000 for my F16 with a woods Mid-mount mower

Here is a pic of my dash:

yanmar2%20003.jpg

Mostly I need to know how this draft control works:

yanmar2%20004.jpg

Instructions on how to use the draft:

yanmar2%20005.jpg

If you could explain the Hi Low controls:

yanmar2%20006.jpg

And PTO Speeds:

yanmar2%20007.jpg

Thanks All:

Also I posted some new pics of my tiller at:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/115283-yanmar-f15d-pics.html#post1330011

/ Yanmar F15D New Owner would like some help. #12  
mtm88001 said:
Here is a pic of my dash:

yanmar2%20003.jpg

From Left to Right (and, I could be wrong on any of them):
Not sure about #1
#2 is glow plugs
#3 is coolent temp
#4 is Oil pressure
#5 is I believe battery Voltage

Mostly I need to know how this draft control works:

yanmar2%20004.jpg

Instructions on how to use the draft:
The lever closest to the seat controls how quickly the tractor will auto-adjust the 3pt height (I could be very wrong on this, that is what I have deduced from reading).

The leaver closest to the tire controls the 3pt height (as I'm sure you already guessed by now)

There should be a knob under the seat, between your legs that controls how quickly the 3pt lowers.

yanmar2%20005.jpg

If you could explain the Hi Low controls:

You probably have (starting from the top), High, Medium, Neutral and Low gear ranges.

yanmar2%20006.jpg

And PTO Speeds:
PTO speeds - again from top to bottom (of course, I could be wrong again):
Top - Engine RPM, then ~900 RPMs, then neutral, then 540 RPMs. Those RPMs are when the tractor is running ~2250 RPMs

yanmar2%20007.jpg

Thanks All:

Also I posted some new pics of my tiller at:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/115283-yanmar-f15d-pics.html#post1330011

See my posts inline in your quote. Nice tiller :)

/ Yanmar F15D New Owner would like some help. #14  
I'm not sure how consistant Yanmar is on control operation between various models. If they are consistant, then I question the comment on "draft" control operation. Oh, not all Yanmars have this control.

These controls are not a draft control as we usually think of it i.e. sensing the load/depth of a ground engaging implement and making adjmts to control the depth.

I have this control functioning on my machine and there is mechanical linkage between the drag at the back of the tiller and this linkage connects to a lever on the left side close to the the left 3pt lift arm. This set-up "senses" the angle on the drag and uses this as a measurement of tiller depth. Using the control next to the seat you set it to control the tiller depth. Since Yanmar doesn't offer down pressure on the 3pt all the hyds can do is lower the 3pt and let the weight of the tiller determine the depth. If the tiller gets deeper than you have the control set for, the 3pt will provide lift to the point where the drag is at the set level.