Yanmar hydraulic pump

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump #1  

wingrider55

Tractor
Yanmar 1510D
Ugh, I am struggling with my Yanmar 1510d . I bought this tractor 2 years ago (auction ? mistake). I just put a new hydraulic pump on it for the 3rd time. FEL and 3 pt hitch have stopped working again. I cleaned the filter and put in new trans/hyd fluid recently. I also installed a pressure relief valve on it about a year and a half ago when I replaced my first pump. There's no leaks and fittings are good. I don't know where to go from here. I would appreciate any help or knowledge on this subject.
Thank you

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump #2  
What's the reason for the pump replacements? What's wrong with those pumps?

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump
Amazing, I'm not sure what changed. I went out this morning and started the tractor and all is good again. Why the loader didn't work yesterday is beyond me. Worked 2 days ago just fine.

To answer your question. The first pump, the shaft broke. On the second pump, I'm assuming it just stopped working because the loader or 3 pt wouldn't move. So I replaced it. Pump #3 operated just fine until yesterday, but that has changed today, (explained above). I'm still puzzled.

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump #4  
Only thing that comes to mind in this most recent problem is maybe it lost prime and the next day mysteriously regained it. Like maybe the seals let it leak by while not in use. These hydraulic systems are difficult and it sounds like you changed lots of things. Sounds silly, but sometimes I think the atmospheric pressure affects this, hydraulics are difficult. Make you want to trade

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump
Only thing that comes to mind in this most recent problem is maybe it lost prime and the next day mysteriously regained it. Like maybe the seals let it leak by while not in use. These hydraulic systems are difficult and it sounds like you changed lots of things. Sounds silly, but sometimes I think the atmospheric pressure affects this, hydraulics are difficult. Make you want to trade
Thank you Mike, I appreciate your suggestion.That is my plan, to trade or sell it. I'm hoping to get this issue solved first. I'd like to get something a little bigger.
I had the same thing happen the other day again. I was raising the fel up with a jack while the tractor was running. All of a sudden the hydraulics started working again. Not sure what triggered it.
You maybe onto something about a seal leaking.

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump #6  
Throwing parts at a problem is never good. Sounds like you have a internal leak some where.

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump #7  
Own a YM2000 and my guess the loader and 3Pt. is ran from the The tractors Hyd. pump. T'd into the lines Plus the 3Pt. lift also. My loader on the Ford 2000 @ 48Hp. Eng. is ran on a seperate pump off the the Crankshaft pulley. Org. 3Pt. Hyd. pump still works as it should. Noticed a few Ford 4000's done the same way. 57hp.. Your only 18 eng. May try that or run another Hyd. pump off the PTO.. The Broken Drive shaft to the Hyd. Pump reflects that.. Not hard to setup. Here is a Hub and they have the pump and shaft also. Not going to break! On the Yanmar running the Hyd. from the Trans. Hyd. reservoir. You only have to add extra Hyd. fluid that the pump and lines it uses. My reservoir is built into the FEL. frame. You can make another Tank if need be. My guess is they cut into the 3pt Hyd. lines on the Yanmar.
Ford Hub Fits many Ford - 291315. then the FEL is fully intact and mine is simple to remove if needed. 6-8 bolts I believe if that. And then the Tractor is back to all Org. setup.

Last edited:
   / Yanmar hydraulic pump #8  
I would be concerned on why the pump shaft broke since this points towards over pressure and or loss of lubrication.

I would suggest investing in a pressure gauge and some fitting so that you can monitor the outlet pressure of the pump. Should be minimal with no functions being operated. If high while nothing is being operated would then start looking at circuit to see what component is causing the pressure.

There is a separate Yanmar section with some very knowledgable people that could assist you in diagnosing your tractor.

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump #9  
I'm on Yanmar often daily for decades go there when you will sell it!!

/ Yanmar hydraulic pump
I would be concerned on why the pump shaft broke since this points towards over pressure and or loss of lubrication.

I would suggest investing in a pressure gauge and some fitting so that you can monitor the outlet pressure of the pump. Should be minimal with no functions being operated. If high while nothing is being operated would then start looking at circuit to see what component is causing the pressure.

There is a separate Yanmar section with some very knowledgable people that could assist you in diagnosing your tractor.
I believe you're right about the pressure. That happened when I first bought it. That's why I added a pressure relief valve onto the line. I haven't had one break since then.
I appreciate your suggestion.