Yanmar red paint code

/ Yanmar red paint code #21  
Paint Code is kind of a moot point. Unless you are restoring the whole thing. Paint has faded. I have cruized many paint isles with a sample and done quite well finding a match. Lately, I have brought a sample of existing paint to the hardware store paint counter, had it scanned and had an enamel mixed to match what I currently have. Worked out well.

Last edited:
   / Yanmar red paint code #22  
To be honest I think I'll probably just use a mix of MF and Case red as Aaron mentioned, the paint is so faded I'll probably end up spraying everything over time.

Aaron - what hardener would be appropriate? I will be using a compressor and spray gun.

/ Yanmar red paint code #23  
I'm not a paint expert by any means but I think most of the stuff you can buy off the shelf in the pre-mixed tractor colors is going to be the 'farm enamel' type stuff. I have used that for lots of different projects and I have always used something like below for hardener. It is usually sold right there with the paint and really makes a big difference. Just be sure to follow the instructions including the 'sweat time'. I found out the hard way that it is important :).

/ Yanmar red paint code #24  
I'm just weird, but if I were in the OP situation, I would go crazy and just pick a color that I like and paint the whole thing. Imagine an all black tractor... Ok, may get too hot...Camo? Desert sand? Given the limited choices on the chips above, I am partial to the Oliver Green. Maybe choose the correct orange and add this somewhere...

1632080432006.png

/ Yanmar red paint code #26  
I'm just weird, but if I were in the OP situation, I would go crazy and just pick a color that I like and paint the whole thing. Imagine an all black tractor... Ok, may get too hot...Camo? Desert sand? Given the limited choices on the chips above, I am partial to the Oliver Green. Maybe choose the correct orange and add this somewhere...

View attachment 713956
I'm kinda with you on this. I really like the Yanmar green. I like green shades and the tree frog green really appeals to me. I would still keep the wheels and the engine side panels white though. My tractor is a YM2310 so it is quite red.
Eric

/ Yanmar red paint code #27  
According To: Pickpaint :The red was just a little lighter than Yanmar red and Case IH was a little darker red. Back in the old days (before we had the color matched paints) we would paint tractors with a 30/30 mix of the two. It came out close enough that you would never know the difference.

Rustolem Apple Red. It matches the same red Fredicks uses on their restored machines.

So green like Tree Frogs and Red like Apples. :)

1632087493497.png

/ Yanmar red paint code #28  

Or just simply paint it John Deere Green and have a YanDeere. 😄

It's a very common thing to find a Yanmar looking like a Deere when you can't match the red.

It's now open YanDeere season

Nothing Runs Like A YanDeere.jpg

/ Yanmar red paint code #29  
tree frog green
Leisure Suit Green forever! :D

A friend's wife bought him a polyester suit that color, back in the day. I thought it was ridiculous. But he wasn't out of place among other up-and-coming mid level managers, that era's version of today's yuppies. More recent equivalents have been red suspenders and now the Pope-like red shoes worn by Google's CEO and others (Musk?) onstage for new product introductions.

That green unmistakably reveals when those Yanmars were sold!