Yanmar S4D106-FA in Komatsu Wb93r tlb

/ Yanmar S4D106-FA in Komatsu Wb93r tlb #11  
Not at all Srikebonnie. Starters are funny things. I went through all kinds of issues on my 240 earlier this summer, finally changed the starter and it is now fine. If it starts again giving problems you may want to just change it. I would have saved money and time (lots of time) if I'd just changed mine

/ Yanmar S4D106-FA in Komatsu Wb93r tlb
Thank you for your advice Altona, so far the machine has been starting without any issues using 12v. The starter must have been dragging, probably due for replacement soon.

/ Yanmar S4D106-FA in Komatsu Wb93r tlb #13  
Thank you for your advice Altona, so far the machine has been starting without any issues using 12v. The starter must have been dragging, probably due for replacement soon.

Exactly. Old and worn brushes in the starter or the solenoid itself could have tack welded to prevent the starter from working. And you did the oldest trick in the book, giving it more power to un-stick that tack weld. Now, newer starters use the OffSet Gear Reduction technology vs. the old solenoid. The OSGR lasts much longer and not prone to the old school starter issues.

/ Yanmar S4D106-FA in Komatsu Wb93r tlb
thanks for that information. My machine working fine now