Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #1  

Hulaballoo

Tractor
Yanmar SA24
Hi,

I've been watching the used market for Yanmar (and others) sub-compact tractors for some time, and noticed that there are a lot of ex-rental machines that come up for auction at around 5 years old. Home Depot machines are common, and vary widely in condition and wear. Specifically, I liked the Yanmar SA24, but could find exactly zero information about it online. Best I could tell, it is a SA424, though the data plate Differentiates between the two. I figured it was a model specifically built for the rental market, and came with the B65 backhoe and the YL210 Loader. I finally found a machine I liked and won an out of state auction. It showed up as expected, save for one disappointment; it didn't have a hi-lo range selector. Then I scoured other auctions for SA424s and it looks like some of them might not have high low selectors either...

I called my local dealer and he insisted that there is no such thing as a SA24, and he works on some of the Home Depot machines. I have a ton of questions:

• Anyone have any info on these machines? Are there any differences in the SA24 and SA424?
  • Is the high/low selector an option, or should they all have this?
  • Does anyone have a lead on a good parts source? The dealer wasn't particularly helpful, and made it clear that he was drowning in work, and wouldn't have time to look up parts costs / availability for me, going so far as to suggest that I try to fabricate some of my needed parts myself. (such as seat bumpers)
  • I'd kill for a parts diagram...anyone have one to share/buy? Perhaps Yanmar is very protective of this info.
I love my machine, but am very disappointed in how difficult it is to get parts or service. Seems like Kubota, for instance, makes this much easier.

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #2  
The lesser known brands are always like that. Hard to get parts for and the support is tough too. You must be handy when working on these machines unless the dealer is nearby (which most aren't). For example we had a FarmPro 2420 for years. It was actually a Chinese made Jinma. The local dealer of course went out of business and that was that. But I found a dealer in Arkansas that was great. I could order the parts on Monday and have them by Friday. Fix the machine and away we'd go over the weekend again. I didn't need much or much support and the machine when we sold it 15 years later was still working. Needed some stuff fixed again but by then I wasn't the guy fixing it anymore ! That's what you have to expect with a low volume sales machine. Hence why those places sell them off around 5 years old. Our machine was a 2003 and if we still had it I bet it'd be running still. They can last with proper maint and care. It's just gotta be you doing it though !

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #3  
Bought mine from a new dealer in Tennessee…called them yesterday to ask about TF500A…they have zero oil, filters, etc…on hand…”we are going to have stuff soon…I can have so and so call you back”….no call back.

went to JD and bought J20C…apparently the same…thank god for the forums. I’m going to have to order some thing preemptively. That said…I knew going in this was an issue. Doesn’t make it less frustrating.

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #4  
It's a shame Yanmar didn't use the 90's and early 00's to build up their market share.

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #5  
Bought mine from a new dealer in Tennessee…called them yesterday to ask about TF500A…they have zero oil, filters, etc…on hand…”we are going to have stuff soon…I can have so and so call you back”….no call back.

went to JD and bought J20C…apparently the same…thank god for the forums. I’m going to have to order some thing preemptively. That said…I knew going in this was an issue. Doesn’t make it less frustrating.
Aaaaannnnd....the JD fluid isn't "the same"...🤌🤌

I called today to ***** and got the owners Cell. He said they have the fluids...I spoke with their "lot boy" and he "doesn't know anything and shouldn't be answering the phone"...;)

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #6  
Hulaballoo This should have all the answers here that you want:

willy

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #7  
Hi,

I've been watching the used market for Yanmar (and others) sub-compact tractors for some time, and noticed that there are a lot of ex-rental machines that come up for auction at around 5 years old. Home Depot machines are common, and vary widely in condition and wear. Specifically, I liked the Yanmar SA24, but could find exactly zero information about it online. Best I could tell, it is a SA424, though the data plate Differentiates between the two. I figured it was a model specifically built for the rental market, and came with the B65 backhoe and the YL210 Loader. I finally found a machine I liked and won an out of state auction. It showed up as expected, save for one disappointment; it didn't have a hi-lo range selector. Then I scoured other auctions for SA424s and it looks like some of them might not have high low selectors either...

I called my local dealer and he insisted that there is no such thing as a SA24, and he works on some of the Home Depot machines. I have a ton of questions:

• Anyone have any info on these machines? Are there any differences in the SA24 and SA424?
  • Is the high/low selector an option, or should they all have this?
  • Does anyone have a lead on a good parts source? The dealer wasn't particularly helpful, and made it clear that he was drowning in work, and wouldn't have time to look up parts costs / availability for me, going so far as to suggest that I try to fabricate some of my needed parts myself. (such as seat bumpers)
  • I'd kill for a parts diagram...anyone have one to share/buy? Perhaps Yanmar is very protective of this info.
I love my machine, but am very disappointed in how difficult it is to get parts or service. Seems like Kubota, for instance, makes this much easier.
The SAx24 tractor is either a 324 or 424. The wheel size will determine which model it is. As for parts, it doesn't matter which you use, the only difference besides the wheels and tires is the decals. You missing range selector, it is exactly that. HD removed them to protect the tractors. Using in high range to perform heavy work is not good for the tractors. The part numbers you will need are: 1A8330-27501, 1A8060-67780, 22351-035032, and 22351-060032. That is the lever, knob, and the pin springs to hold it into place.

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please
The lesser known brands are always like that. Hard to get parts for and the support is tough too. You must be handy when working on these machines unless the dealer is nearby (which most aren't). For example we had a FarmPro 2420 for years. It was actually a Chinese made Jinma. The local dealer of course went out of business and that was that. But I found a dealer in Arkansas that was great. I could order the parts on Monday and have them by Friday. Fix the machine and away we'd go over the weekend again. I didn't need much or much support and the machine when we sold it 15 years later was still working. Needed some stuff fixed again but by then I wasn't the guy fixing it anymore ! That's what you have to expect with a low volume sales machine. Hence why those places sell them off around 5 years old. Our machine was a 2003 and if we still had it I bet it'd be running still. They can last with proper maint and care. It's just gotta be you doing it though !
I do like fixing my own stuff and sometimes even fabricating my own parts, but I wasn't quite prepared for how hard finding manuals or parts would be. Having the dealer suggest I make my parts was definitely not expected.

Hulaballoo This should have all the answers here that you want:

willy
I wish it did. That site (nor any publication from Yanmar) has no info about the SA24 at all, and parts info is pretty much non-existent. Basically just a sales brochure.

The SAx24 tractor is either a 324 or 424. The wheel size will determine which model it is. As for parts, it doesn't matter which you use, the only difference besides the wheels and tires is the decals. You missing range selector, it is exactly that. HD removed them to protect the tractors. Using in high range to perform heavy work is not good for the tractors. The part numbers you will need are: 1A8330-27501, 1A8060-67780, 22351-035032, and 22351-060032. That is the lever, knob, and the pin springs to hold it into place.
Fantastic! Mine is the 424, as I have the larger wheel/tires. Makes sense that HD would eliminate the ability for a rental customer to abuse the tractor. Thanks for the parts info. I'd love to know where you got them. I have a small leak from the transmission, and eventually will need to replace some hydraulic seals on the backhoe. Parts diagrams would be great!