Yanmar Super Expensive?

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #81  
Super expensive is the over priced John Deerre
and Kobuta tractors and attachments and parts!

I seen where the YT359C you can get up to $4000
t discount and military etc get a discount.
John Deerte's fame I believe is from all the tractors that
Yanmar made for them and they still use Yanmar diesel
engines!

willy

Last edited:
   / Yanmar Super Expensive? #82  
Regarding when they got here and their performace, it doesn't matter. Look at the participation in here versus Kubota, Deere, and other big player forums. When I SEE a tractor dealer, it is almost never Yanmar.

I'd think of Yanmar if I wanted a deisel engine for a Marine application, even a turbo, but their inroad into tractors is NOT impressive, at least to me. In my mind, that equates to not many dealers.

Let's see 2 in eastern WA. None in Montana, Wyoming, or New Mexico. None in Nevada, none in Iowa. None in Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine. None on North Dakota. None in Arkansas.

Biggest inroads seem to be east coast. That does not impress me with dealer support. Might BE a great tractor and, given their reputation in the Marine engine world, I am automatically prejudiced toward a good opinion of their engines. But their tractors will have to be a great deal for me to even consider them as an option.

Opinions vary. I THINK they're a good tractor. But try finding one when you look for a tractor dealer in a LOT of places. Good luck. So, I'd need a VERY good price to go Yanmar, if only from perceived lack of dealer support and unknown parts availability as well as warranty reputation ... in the tractor world. In the Marine engine world, they're solid, but I don't see a prop on the back of a Yanmar tractor and I doubt the Marine dealers (numerous) will support one.

Not saying they aren't deserving of top ranking at all.

Rather, I'm saying, "I don't KNOW, and therefore need a reason to even LOOK at them. That reason would be a good price break over the established brands and, of course, a dealer with inventory somewhere near, who has been there awhile and is likely to survive."

I'm currently in the L.A. area. Never SEEN a Yanmar tractor here. Thinking of up around Spokane or Idaho. I have never seen one there, either, though there ARE a couple of dealers around. Lived in Tennessee. 2 dealers now, none when I was there, years ago.

So, you all get the point. If YOU pay a premium price for a Yanmar, that's dandy and OK. I'd need a good reason and don't see it. That said, I have nothing bad to say about a Yanmar, mostly because I've never seen one in person. The ONLY one I see is on a YouTube channel (Wrangerstar) and seems solid enough, but the difficulties HE had in just getting hydraulic couplings made me laugh. If you are in the compact tractor market as a vendor, use local standard hardware and couplings! Preferably, ones WE can get locally. Apparently, that wasn't the case in Oregon, for Cody. He DID get them, but it took several trips, including people who said thety knew, and they had it in stock! Wrong ...

So, price and implement deals would be the carrots. And they aren't, as far as I can tell.

Hope all you Yanmar owners out there get great service and little trouble. I'd even expect the little trouble part. But I don't want one until I can see it working in person and see it continuing to get dealer support.

The US market is NOT easy for newcomers when there are established players already.
you need to do some mor research go to yanmar dealer locator on the world wide web and do a search you will find you are wqrong when it comes to dealer network

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #83  
Yanmar makes the tractor.
Yanmar made tractors for JD for over 20 years
and over 75 different tractors use Yanmar
diesel engines and you will find Yanmar diesel
engines in all kinds of equipment and boats etc.
Yanmars come with a 10 year warranty and 2
year bumper to bumper warranty and ex-militaty
get a discount also. Are the cheaper backhoes
the same quality as the Yanmar?? On the warranty
have seen that the other brands have maybe a 6
year warranty?? A lot can happen in 4 years
I seen were one attachment dealer says 30 day
warranty but you can buy extended warranties
whoopie fizz other brands have a one year warranty

willy

Last edited:
   / Yanmar Super Expensive? #84  
Well I can't speak about the yt359 but I do own the Kubota gl 4060 and a 2012 Deere 4520
And I'll tell you now the Kubota isn't in the same class as the Deere in this size range.
Main reason I'm selling is the Kubota just won't do the work the Deere will in the range.

I'm looking hard at the 359.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #85  
I’ve been seeing YT359 ROPS going for ~$32k and cab version for ~$40k-ish, less with a military discount. That’s a lot of horsepower for the money especially considering the advanced capabilities of the iHMT transmission. My money is on the iHMT for putting power to the ground over any straight HST due to its mechanical metal-on-metal design.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #86  
Here's some info on the YT 359

All Yanmar tractors come with 10-year limited powertrain warranty or 3,000 hours (whichever comes first) on all new Yanmar tractors

willy

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #87  
I just sold a small JD4100 tractor that was 100% Yanmar with green paint, because I need a much larger machine. I owned it for 20 years and worked the crap out of it. The only repairs I ever had to do was to rebuild the loader lift cylinder seals (after 18 years) and I replaced a few of the loader hydraulic lines. The quality of Yanmar is well established, but dealer support is not. Since my Yanmar was painted green, I had no difficulty obtaining support and parts, but it would be difficult in my area if the equipment was Yanmar branded.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #88  
I just sold a small JD4100 tractor that was 100% Yanmar with green paint, because I need a much larger machine. I owned it for 20 years and worked the crap out of it. The only repairs I ever had to do was to rebuild the loader lift cylinder seals (after 18 years) and I replaced a few of the loader hydraulic lines. The quality of Yanmar is well established, but dealer support is not. Since my Yanmar was painted green, I had no difficulty obtaining support and parts, but it would be difficult in my area if the equipment was Yanmar branded.
If anyone is still undecided about the Yanmar YT359C, I purchased one in April of this year and it has performed flawlessly. I had a kubota L3800 so the horsepower difference was amazing which definitely makes this an apple to oranges comparison, but the Yanmar transmission is in a class by itself and until you can actually spend time in one, there is nothing I can say that can make you understand just what an incredible machine it truly is!

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #89  
If anyone is still undecided about the Yanmar YT359C, I purchased one in April of this year and it has performed flawlessly. I had a kubota L3800 so the horsepower difference was amazing which definitely makes this an apple to oranges comparison, but the Yanmar transmission is in a class by itself and until you can actually spend time in one, there is nothing I can say that can make you understand just what an incredible machine it truly is!

Great feedback. Somebody needs to put a Yanmar YT347/359 and a Kubota Grand L4760/6060 side by side and do a series of comparison tests.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #90  
Bummer that I missed out on a 10 year warranty. I only got 2 when I purchased in 2017. Even tried to get them to cover the electric fuel pump that went out a 326 hours in May of 2020 and they would not. Only two months past the two year period. I now have that fuel pump re-located to an external mount between the FEL and the engine shround. Should it go out again easy to replace in the field without FEL removal.